Morrissey does not have a record contract

Am I alone in thinking that this is a good thing?

He's been skelping the tours over the last few years and it's taken a clear toll on his voice and health. A rest is long overdue.

And if the release of Swords so soon after YOR was purely to fufill a contract with Universal then we should get a proper "new" release from him next time - which would be nice.

Though as someone mentioned before if Universal decide to release the YOR tracks that we haven't heard (Bully, Looking Forward etc) then I wouldn't complain.

So he's completely free to do what he wants....not a bad way to finish the year!

it's actually quite different this time.
the sales for YOR have been pretty disastrous.
Quarry sold 1.2 million, worldwide, ROTT about 600,000 and YOR between 200-300,000.
with that kind of trajectory, he'll be very lucky to get a conventional deal with a major label, unless he waits 4 or 5 years to try and recreate the pre-Quarry hype.

Don't forget that the industry has changed a lot in that time. CD sales are at an all time low and are declining rapidly. People are now growing accustomed to buying and listening to poor quality single digital files from iTunes.

Maybe he should take a break from music and release that f***ing novel.

Last edited:
it's actually quite different this time.
the sales for YOR have been pretty disastrous.
Quarry sold 1.2 million, worldwide, ROTT about 600,000 and YOR between 200-300,000.
with that kind of trajectory, he'll be very lucky to get a conventional deal with a major label, unless he waits 4 or 5 years to try and recreate the pre-Quarry hype.

I don't know where you get it from, but I think it's bit strange.

He will be back in 2/3 years time. So that we, collectors, can spend a bit more on old Smiths/Mozzer stuff having no new releases. I will certainly wait long before getting the "new" 7" Box Sets.
Cheers Moz

What do you mean?
Is it a joke?

I thought the way you phrased the sentence was a) quite funny and b) really quite nice. Because a lot of people feel like Morrissey coming along did change everything, and because the way you wrote 'Morrissey comes along with himself' is very similar to the kind of changing of language that is done in my area of London to produce an interesting west London idiolect.

I'm not having any kind of joke at your expense, honestly. You can look at my other posts to see that I only take the piss out of people if they're being unpleasant.

He will be back in 2/3 years time.

:straightface:

uh uh. Uh UH. UH-

Swedish Chalet. :love::guitar: Sauna! :eek: Swedish blokes!:thumb: Cheese fondue! Ha no sorry that's Switzerland.

Swiss AND Swedish ChaletS. :guitar:

Has anyone thought about how appropriate "I'm OK By Myself" would be as the last track on his last record? And even the title, "Years Of Refusal"...

I really wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't plan to put out another LP, hence why he did Swords; to put out the required number of records for the label.

One last, big tour in a year or so and he'll be done with music, I think. And because of Swindon I still haven't seen him live :(

As much as he carps on about being private and normal in every way there is no way on earth that Morrissey will bow out of the public eye without a massive farewell concert.

I would expect the Manchester MEN Arena in about 4yrs.

Headlines, Hysteria and Hernia's all round if that happens. And how he would love it so.

I thought the way you phrased the sentence was a) quite funny and b) really quite nice. Because a lot of people feel like Morrissey coming along did change everything, and because the way you wrote 'Morrissey comes along with himself' is very similar to the kind of changing of language that is done in my area of London to produce an interesting west London idiolect.

I'm not having any kind of joke at your expense, honestly. You can look at my other posts to see that I only take the piss out of people if they're being unpleasant.

Thank you...
I'm very glad... about the thing you have said...

As much as he carps on about being private and normal in every way there is no way on earth that Morrissey will bow out of the public eye without a massive farewell concert.

I would expect the Manchester MEN Arena in about 4yrs.

Headlines, Hysteria and Hernia's all round if that happens. And how he would love it so.

I agree, but I still think that my post about how appropriate it would all be holds true.

I know that Attack bellongs to Sanctuary, and Attack was a Reggae label until Morrissey comes with himself and changes everything. But that's ok, he could remain there or even try to be contracted by Sancturay again - 'cause Sanctuary was the Morrissey's companay record on USA in 2008 (it was responsabile by GH USA promotion.

Dude, Sanctuary is gone...

Back
Top Bottom