Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE" (December 20, 2023)

MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE​

December 20, 2023
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Morrissey and Siouxsie's duet 'Interlude', the 12-inch disc will soon be re-issued on limited gold vinyl. Watch this space for dates. The disc is pressed on the Roulette label by Warner (London), and it was originally released by Parlophone, reaching number 25. There was no video for this recording, no television appearances, and no photo sessions.

0-6.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't meant to be critical of you. It is almost assumed that there could be problems and misunderstandings in connection with the "30 years of Vauxhall" celebrations (We trust you to wreck it). The year 1994 is a sacred number in the fan cosmos of those who don't have to travel to Australia today to show their boundless affection in the front row at every concert (he plays). His music and lyrics were magical in 1994 and he was absolutely adorable. WE were uncritical, because even without the internet, we should have noticed that "Hold on to your friend" and "Interlude" didn't get a video and that there was no tour or USA concerts were canceled. If he now performs Vauxhall with the current band, he really doesn't care. It was always about Alain, Boz, Gary, Spencer, Woodie or Jonny too. I think he underestimates that to this day.
Woodie himself: "I think Morrissey had reached a new songwriting high (with Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte), was happy (honestly!) and singing so well - there were a great band of musicians and engineers involved in making this something really special."
The question that still puzzles me is why he refused to tour that album. Was it Jake? I guess we will never know, but it was a poor decision.
He had his first real US hit, he returned to the top of British charts with the album and top-10 with the single. He really was at the peak of his career. We should have had a great Vauxhall-Tour, with that line-up.

The question that still puzzles me is why he refused to tour that album. Was it Jake? I guess we will never know, but it was a poor decision.
He had his first real US hit, he returned to the top of British charts with the album and top-10 with the single. He really was at the peak of his career. We should have had a great Vauxhall-Tour, with that line-up.
I still have a copy of "A chance to shine" from 1996 that showed Jonny Bridgwood and Morrissey @ an airport. I believe, it wasn't from one of the 1995 tours. Didn't they cancel a huge US tour at the 11th hour in May 1994?

OK, it was actually a signing in 1994 in Philadelphia with someone that looks like Jonny and an instrument (bass?) in the back. My god, my memory plays tricks on me. Jake is there too.

Great picture!
Yes, he only did these signing sessions.
Unfortunately only US and UK.
‘Mozmania’ ran the NME cover story on them.

He looked great and seemed really happy (in love for the first time?) and a tour would have been great.

No I don’t think a tour was ever planned, he just refused to. I think Sire really wanted him to. They did a great job with the single.

Another day, another gaping yawn from Morrissey Central. Talk about a lack of imagination....
How many other singers and groups has he slagged off over the decades and this tripe is the best he can offer the adoring masses? It's a piss-poor bore of a tune and Siouxsie is as talentless as f***. I am genuinely struggling to think of a worse website of a professional musician. Mildly interesting photos with oh-so-clever (not) titles/subheadings and naff-as-f***, completely irrelevant chart listing information; oohhh, I had no idea that Let Me Kiss You reached number 34 in f***ing Finland.
Sorry folks but Morrissey et al are bereft of ideas and have been for some time now. Time to call it a day, eh Steve?

When I read the autobiography the first time I had heard very little of his music. I would have enjoyed this song more if I hadn't already read his version of their contact! That autobiography was an eye-opener to me, having been brought up with "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"!
Autobiography works from “If you can’t be bitchy, don’t include it”

Not often you see Siouxsie described as 'talentless' .......

I suppose it's one way of letting everyone know you are clueless about music.
Another day, another gaping yawn from Morrissey Central. Talk about a lack of imagination....
How many other singers and groups has he slagged off over the decades and this tripe is the best he can offer the adoring masses? It's a piss-poor bore of a tune and Siouxsie is as talentless as f***. I am genuinely struggling to think of a worse website of a professional musician. Mildly interesting photos with oh-so-clever (not) titles/subheadings and naff-as-f***, completely irrelevant chart listing information; oohhh, I had no idea that Let Me Kiss You reached number 34 in f***ing Finland.
Sorry folks but Morrissey et al are bereft of ideas and have been for some time now. Time to call it a day, eh Steve?

Great picture!

He looked great and seemed really happy (in love for the first time?) and a tour would have been great.

No I don’t think a tour was ever planned, he just refused to. I think Sire really wanted him to. They did a great job with the single.
At the same time, didn't he also experience several deaths around 1993/4... Mick Ronson is one that I recall? Despite releasing what is arguably his best solo album maybe he just wasn't in the right headspace to tour. I do recall that some LA/NY shows went on sale and were canceled. Morrissey claimed he never agreed to them. Maybe that was Sire trying to force his hand.

Poor Suzie-Sue, she'd hate to be predictable! How about T-Rex? - bet they both loved Marc.

Yes, out of all of his songs, I’d pick that also as an interesting duet. (y) Probably could have gotten Visconti to produce.

At the same time, didn't he also experience several deaths around 1993/4... Mick Ronson is one that I recall? Despite releasing what is arguably his best solo album maybe he just wasn't in the right headspace to tour. I do recall that some LA/NY shows went on sale and were canceled. Morrissey claimed he never agreed to them. Maybe that was Sire trying to force his hand.
Yes, and also his manager in 1993.

True, could be a factor. But it was a wasted opportunity. I think Sire was right to urge him to tour. But I’ve never heard or don’t recall Morrissey ever being asked why he didn’t tour the album.

Of course there was the Boxers tour early 95, but that was low-key and UK only and the momentum had gone.

Yes, and also his manager in 1993.

True, could be a factor. But it was a wasted opportunity. I think Sire was right to urge him to tour. But I’ve never heard or don’t recall Morrissey ever being asked why he didn’t tour the album.

Of course there was the Boxers tour early 95, but that was low-key and UK only and the momentum had gone.
The then manager booked venues without the green light from the artist: M felt he had been treated like a business and being betrayed. As he was contractly linked to this manager for any concert he would have done in 1994 which meant a percentage on every sold ticket , he patiently wait that year 1994 was over for touring again.

Anyway, this gave him extra time for writing & recording new songs like Sunny: had he toured extensively in 1994 like he did in 1992, not sure we would have got that gem sounding that way !

Quote: "There was no video for this recording, no television appearances, and no photo sessions."

Eternal regrets :(

Not often you see Siouxsie described as 'talentless' .......

I suppose it's one way of letting everyone know you are clueless about music.
Nothing clueless about me, Boy. We're not all sycophantic bed wetters, y'know, unafraid to speak the facts. Siouxsie SUCKS.

I can't tell if this is a serious response or not. Personally, while not a favorite single... if this is for RSD as FWD suggests then we're talking a one-time pressing of a few thousand copies. What's the harm? More of a collector's item than anything.
Without breaking any confidences, the below image is what I was made aware of back in August re: RSD.
As for releasing oddities- Central may be announcing something that was known about at least around July/August, but whether Morrissey has any control over said is probably unlikely. The HMV album bits, BMG RSD & Warners bits are all things they are probably "allowed" to produce regardless. The albums due for reissue twice now are wrapped up in unseen haggling - so they're not likely to surface, so the Sandie & Siouxsie records etc are all that appear.
Regards,
FWD.

Screenshot_20230810-2110072~5.png

Great picture!
NME has noticed this news

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morr...ssue-of-siouxsie-sioux-duet-interlude-3562899

As has This Is Dig
https://www.thisisdig.com/morrissey-announces-12-reissue-of-siouxsie-duet-interlude/

And Music Mxdwn, which has this to say, among other things:

Though he has faced some controversy, he is a respected and influential figure in alternative music. He has inspired many musical artists to reach beyond the stairs for anything and everything they deserve.
https://music.mxdwn.com/2023/12/23/...eissue-of-interlude-featuring-siouxsie-sioux/

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom