Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE" (December 20, 2023)

MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE​

December 20, 2023
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Morrissey and Siouxsie's duet 'Interlude', the 12-inch disc will soon be re-issued on limited gold vinyl. Watch this space for dates. The disc is pressed on the Roulette label by Warner (London), and it was originally released by Parlophone, reaching number 25. There was no video for this recording, no television appearances, and no photo sessions.

0-6.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve gotta wonder - they’ll happily reissue a disc which will do a tiny amount of sales, but won’t release a Morrissey album or two.

Man vs the art at this point

You’ve gotta wonder - they’ll happily reissue a disc which will do a tiny amount of sales, but won’t release a Morrissey album or two.

Record companies own the rights to the recordings they made a contract to (talking about old fashioned contracts, not the licensing stuff in recent times). Thus they can re-release a recording in any shape, form, best of, any time, anywhere. It's a very simple cash-in to have few hundred vinyls pressed.
Making a new contract on the other hand is more difficult, especially in Morrissey land.

It would be really funny if this announcement also came too early ("will soon be re-issued", "watch this space for dates") and they are pissed off now and won't release it. Just kidding, of course...a re-issue is at least a recent publication with his name on it!

This is likely to be the RSD release as suggested at a 'rumour' level in August:
Post in thread 'Strange/unexpected Moz references?' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/strange-unexpected-moz-references.83338/post-1987539409
I was not given permission to state which item it was at the time, but Interlude was scheduled for a RSD release via Warners (whether that happens on that date - who knows? The rumoured new Smiths best of by them didn't materialise).
FWD.

One of my favourite bits of Autobiography:

“On the doorstep [Siouxsie] asks me whether right or left would be the best direction to find a taxi, and although her best bet would be left, I suggest she turns right. It is churlish of me, but it is she who has set the pace.”

To help:
The single was released August 8, 1994.
RSD is April 22, 2024.
The 30th anniversary is obviously August, 2024.
Not sure how that ties in to Central's notion of "soon".
FWD.

To help:
The single was released August 8, 1994.
RSD is April 22, 2024.
The 30th anniversary is obviously August, 2024.
Not sure how that ties in to Central's notion of "soon".
FWD.
If BoT or WMTWD are used as scales of measurement, a release next August would qualify as being soon.

One of my favourite bits of Autobiography:

“On the doorstep [Siouxsie] asks me whether right or left would be the best direction to find a taxi, and although her best bet would be left, I suggest she turns right. It is churlish of me, but it is she who has set the pace.”
When I read the autobiography the first time I had heard very little of his music. I would have enjoyed this song more if I hadn't already read his version of their contact! That autobiography was an eye-opener to me, having been brought up with "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"!

When I read the autobiography the first time I had heard very little of his music. I would have enjoyed this song more if I hadn't already read his version of their contact!

That autobiography was an eye-opener to me, having been brought up with "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"!

Lol, yeah, understandable. But then what would he sing about?

Just saying that it takes a certain type of individual with all of their (necessary, I believe) character flaws, to bring us the songs that we have loved over the years.

I have the 7" and don't know if I'll spring for the 12", especially if it's stupid money which it probably will be.

Yes and it'll probably cost £25/€30 which is more than what they should be charging less than that for a Quarry reissue.

I'll be contentious and say that Siouxsie's vocal on Interlude is far better and more dynamic and exciting than Moz's was. She dominated that song from start to finish. I know Moz released a version with just his vocals but I'd be more interested in a 'Siouxsie only' vocal.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom