Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statement

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

If this is true, Morrissey is a liar. Thoughts?

X9fvTdl.jpg

They both have issues with the truth.

Whatever she may be trying to get herself some attention isn't doing much good, the album still isn't selling. I doubt her performance the other night did anything to change that, more likely it drove a lot of potential buyers (curious Dave Grohl fans) away. And is there really any controversy about what she sang? No one could understand a word of it anyway, she wishes people were upset, but of course for that to happen people would have to be paying attention to her, and nobody outside of this forum and her little gang of facbook fans is at all interested.

At what point in a person's life does a struggling performer decide to switch to doing something else? It must be a difficult thing to go through, but perhaps she should switch to doing something else inside the music industry since she has so much experience.

Aww. She's beautiful. A fantastic artist and performer. Surprised that all of you are such, eh... sycophantic slags?

I'm sure you'll all keep bagging on Kristeen while fawning over Nico. It's okay. Keep going.

Aww. She's beautiful. A fantastic artist and performer. Surprised that all of you are such, eh... sycophantic slags?

I'm sure you'll all keep bagging on Kristeen while fawning over Nico. It's okay. Keep going.

Who's being a sycophantic slag? Moz fans hated her even when he loved her all those years. The vitriol hasn't increased since they've fallen out; it has been there from the beginning. The difference is that she's more (in)famous now. Instead of the Kristeen hate spread out over many threads, it's been condensed into this one.

Oh, and the so-called sycophantic slags hating her in the comments section of that Spin article are Foo fans, not Moz fans. Pretty sure there are many Foo fans who hate Morrissey. People who've watched AND LISTENED to that video are just calling it like they see it. Few are knocking her looks.

I'd like to put it on the record that Morrissey is late to the party when it comes to our disdain for Kristeen.

Will do!

And, please, you keep on referring to people as slags just because they have the audacity not to share your opinion.

And why not keep on using the word "sycophantic" totally incorrectly (as pointed out by another poster above).

Now off you go back to Kristeen on fbook. Don't forget to congratulate her on her amazing Satanic look! Looking like a 16 year old wannabe goth, and buying some fabric covered in religious symbols and using it upside down is, like, so totally unique and interesting!

Shouldn't surprise you, these disturbed assholes hate her mostly because Morrissey likes her. You see, they think that he is their friend and theirs only. Pretty sad and pathetic, eh?

Shouldn't surprise you, these disturbed assholes hate her mostly because Morrissey likes her. You see, they think that he is their friend and theirs only. Pretty sad and pathetic, eh?

I can only speak for myself, but I don't like her because over the years I've witnessed her exhibit a type of bipolar attitude that I can only describe as Pity Me/I Got Mine, f*** Everyone Else. She's very selfish and using and has little to no appreciation for the experiences she's been given or is having, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault that she is not famous by now. Her 10-year-plan didn't work out which fuels the bitterness no doubt. And as a singer her songs are inaccessible because she mutters. And she's not genuine, she seems like she's always pretending to be Morrissey. I guess now she'll pretend to be Dave Grohl.

Last edited:
And she's not genuine, she seems like she's always pretending to be Morrissey. I guess now she'll pretend to be Dave Grohl.

This is probably odd, but this is why I initially started to think about Morrissey having asperger's. Because she copies his likes/dislikes (poser) and he seems not to see it - like he misses certain aspects of reading people.

Yet another KY fan feeling the need to call people with differing opinions nasty names. Pretty sad and pathetic.

Especially as KY fans seem to think she's their bestie. The sycophancy on her fb page is quite sickening.

Many people on here have given multiple reasons for not liking KY over a period of several years, but you don't or won't listen, you simply call them names and come up with your own 'theories' as to why she is disliked.

How blinkered and unenlightened you are.

Really, I don't rate KY because her mediocre talent - all those repetitive, unoriginal live performances (I've seen her over 10 times, so I should know) - is seemingly coupled with a massive ego and a sense of entitlement. I don't respect her because she professes to be a strong, independent woman forging her own path through life, when she just a leeches off older more successful men. To cap it all off she plays poor ickle picked on female victim at the drop of a hat, and that I'm so clumsy routine of her's; give me a break!

But actually what I dislike more than KY are her fans. The fans who come onto a Morrissey website and call people names because they can't construct a coherent argument. I especially dislike those fans who were rabid Morrissey fans just a couple of years ago, but who transferred their allegiance to KY because she's more accessible and they can all have a sweaty co-dependent 'relationship' on Twitter and fb. I know who you are - all those needy, obsessive fans who used to spend all their time on the Frink thread and who loved Morrissey more than life and who understood him more than anyone else ever, ever possibly could. Now I see your names all over Kristeen's social media. All it really took was a bit of attention to make you feel special and boom! now Kristeen is the new Messiah. That's the real reason - its not to do with talent or whatever else you may profess to like about her, it's just because she lets you think you're her friend.

And yet you go around criticizing Morrissey fans for thinking Morrissey is their friend. Hilarious! Especially as that is blatantly not the case on this forum.

U fink she wuvs you don't you. U fink she's your best fwiend for eva and eva. She'll keep you going as long as you buy her stuff.

Pretty sad and pathetic.

Re: Article: Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statements

Contextualizing Kristeen's unpopularity in such a simplistic, stereotypical manner simply serves to highlight your own very plain mind.

As a performer, I find Kristeen lacks charisma, is derivative, and a majority of her music is dreadful. As a person, Kristeen's perpetual victimhood is dislikable and boring.

Re: Article: Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statements

As a person, Kristeen's perpetual victimhood is dislikable and boring.

The people who have stories that could make other people's sad stories look like heaven are the ones who would never go around telling them. That's why I find people running around complaining about being a victim a little annoying. (Unless, of course, they're expressing it through their art.)

I find it rather comical that on Earth Is The Lonliest Planet she sings the most clearly I've ever heard her sing "And they only blame you, you, you." because that's ALL she does is blame people.

Back when she was fired the first time I remember this facebook post where she bemoaned the fact that Morrissey was praised YOUNG the Giant. She alluded in the post and comments that were deleted shortly after that she is on the only Young Morrissey should be praising.

So he did. He put her in the book. He put her on the tours. He put her in magazine interviews. He put her on his albums. But it was never enough. Once she latched on to someone who was willing togo on stage with her, it was over with Morrissey. In her mind it was his fault she wasn't being recognized so she threw HIM under the bus. Even if she wasn't sick, she didn't go with the flow, she had to call out THE LIES because she'd had enough. But all those twinkly words of Kristeen this and Kristeen that and give her the stage to do the same f***ing robotic performance night after night, country after country meant NOTHING to her. She's an ungrateful little shit and deserves to be lost and unacknowledged.

Also the Halloween fabric sale section at Joann's does not a Satanist make.

Putting aside all of the drama around the tour ending, I actually like some of Kristeen's music. I've enjoyed seeing her open for Morrissey (maybe not quite so many times…). I even went to see one of her Electric Ballroom shows. That said, the Craig Ferguson performance was horrendous, and I cannot imagine it created many new fans. I don't personally find her music compelling enough to pay attention to wherever her career goes from here.

Her backing vocals on the album sound great, though. I'll give her that.

Also the Halloween fabric sale section at Joann's does not a Satanist make.

I must admit I guffawed.

Putting aside all of the drama around the tour ending, I actually like some of Kristeen's music.

She could've bowed out so much more elegantly or said NO to the tour, but she was feeling invincible. Or desperate that people didn't pay attention to her new album. I wonder how many sold at the merch stand? No I don't wonder, I don't care.

It seems that the "Morrissey is their friend" post got under this board's skin. Why do you people have a thread dedicated to someone you don't like?

She could've bowed out so much more elegantly or said NO to the tour, but she was feeling invincible. Or desperate that people didn't pay attention to her new album. I wonder how many sold at the merch stand? No I don't wonder, I don't care.

At some point she will have to face reality, or become neurotic due to holding contradictory views of reality in her head at the same time. She will figure it out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom