Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters
You have to feel some sympathy for poor Jesus though - slowly being erased from history and culture. He will be turning in his sepulchre...even if Easter was named after a Germanic goddess of spring.

"Don't cry for me, gashonthenail," sings Jesus to the tune of Andrew Lloyd Webber. He won't be completely forgotten, and he had a very good run while it lasted. More than anything else he was lucky to have had Paul. Without Paul, Jesus just rots in a criminal's grave and gets forgotten by time, or at best he rates a tiny footnote as a 1st c. Messiah claimant. Don't cry for Paul, either. Paul is possibly the most-read author in all of human history. Not bad for a bald, conflicted, mystical Jew. But you (generic you) have to know when enough is enough. Let Jesus go. He'll be okay. Being seated at the right hand of the Father is probably a pretty good spot.

He takes the Bible too literally!

I don't take the bible too literally. If I did, I'd have to believe that Jesus turned Simon into a literal rock, or Herod was a literal fox, or Jesus was literally a lamb. I don't believe that. I think the bible uses metaphor all the time.

The reason I didn't put "Jesus was from another planet" in the poll options is because I couldn't include every possible iteration of Jesus without spending years making the poll, probably only to find that I'd wasted my time because the forum limits the number of options. That's why I offered an option for "other (please explain)." Anyway, this is a vanity thread and the options are whatever I wanted them to be. "Edith Sitwell" was put there just for Carlislebaz, but somehow it got three votes.

Jesus and Adam and Eve could all have been from another planet. I don't object to that theory. I think it (or something like it) might even be a doctrine in Mormonism. Not for Adam and Eve obviously, they were from North America in Mormonism, but I think Jesus and God are interplanetary according to the Mormons.

Forgive my autism, but I don't see how things would change much if it was true. Jesus would still be off somewhere else, whether it's in heaven or in another solar system (or even in this one). Can he communicate with us would still be the question.

Jesus and Adam and Eve could all have been from another planet. I don't object to that theory. I think it (or something like it) might even be a doctrine in Mormonism. Not for Adam and Eve obviously, they were from North America in Mormonism, but I think Jesus and God are interplanetary according to the Mormons.

Forgive my autism, but I don't see how things would change much if it was true. Jesus would still be off somewhere else, whether it's in heaven or in another solar system (or even in this one). Can he communicate with us would still be the question.
It would explain what happened with the dinosaurs is all (I was watching unherd whence I had the brainwave)

َقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا ٱلْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ٱبْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ ٱللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـٰكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ ۚ وَإِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱخْتَلَفُوا۟ فِيهِ لَفِى شَكٍّۢ مِّنْهُ ۚ مَا لَهُم بِهِۦ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلَّا ٱتِّبَاعَ ٱلظَّنِّ ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًۢا

بَل رَّفَعَهُ ٱللَّهُ إِلَيْهِ ۚ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًۭا

And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger—They slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise

Surah IV.157-158

Did you know that the aged Mary is played by pasolini's beloved mother?
I didn’t! But I thought she had a very beautiful face. She felt like the real deal. So much raw emotion in that face.

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom