HMV Inspirations Gallery at the Music Show- October 4 and 5

moz'art girl

oh la la
http://www.hotpress.com/news/4871386.html

HMV Inspirations exhibition for Music Show
01 Oct 2008

A special exhibition focussing on musical inspirations as been lined up for The Music Show, which takes place at the RDS in Dublin this weekend, Saturday October 4 and Sunday October 5.

The exhibition is an initiative of HMV, who have developed one of the most immediately recognisable and iconic campaigns in music, around the Inspirations theme. The campaign features black and white photographs of current music stars, alongside lyrics from the inspirational song of their choice.

Among the artists featured in the HMV Inspirations Gallery at the Music Show are Amy Winehouse, Tom Waits, Noel Gallagher, Morrissey, David Bowie, Dizzee Rascal and Bjork, as well as Irish artists like Bell X1, Glen Hansard, Shane MacGowan and Sinead O'Connor. The late Ronnie Drew is also included. A total of 28 artists are represented in the collection.

In a development which perfectly mirrors the weight of the campaign, and HMV's unique place in modern music and entertainment sales, HMV have just added Bob Dylan to the roster of featured artists, and the songwriting maestro – believed by many to be the greatest contemporary writer of them all – will be included in the HMV Inspirations Gallery at the Music Show. "He's our hundredth artist, so that's really exciting," Jill Thomas of HMV told Hot Press. "He is the songwriter most quoted by other artists, so it's really appropriate that he completes the century."

"The My Inspiration campaign is brilliant," says Hot Press editor Niall Stokes. "It is fascinating to see the songs chosen by a list of artists that itself includes some of the all-time greats – people like David Bowie, the incomparable Bob Dylan and in an Irish context brilliant writers like Glen, Shane and Sinead. I think The HMV Gallery is going to be a really impressive feature at The Music Show."

The Music Show runs in The RDS, Dublin this weekend, October 4-5.

Daily Tickets in advance are €5 for children, €10 for adults and €25 for Families (2 adults + up to 4 children) and are available on Ticketmaster now. Weekend tickets are also available.

I was surprised to see Morrissey in their ad. Is my memory failing me or didn't they use one of the pool shots? The one on the cover of that's how people grow up?

Back
Top Bottom