Exit Festival review from Q magazine

Tbevie

Girl afraid
Thank you for posting this, tbevie.

I was not at the concert, but I saw the video of the show in its entirety. "thank god someone knows the songs other than me" was a remark he made after he flubbed the lyrics to Youngest. He may have made that remark after being so blown away by the audience singing along to all of the songs, the Smiths songs as well as songs from ROTT. But, no one would know that from reading this Q article.

mozmic_dancer said:
Thank you for posting this, tbevie.

I was not at the concert, but I saw the video of the show in its entirety. "thank god someone knows the songs other than me" was a remark he made after he flubbed the lyrics to Youngest. He may have made that remark after being so blown away by the audience singing along to all of the songs, the Smiths songs as well as songs from ROTT. But, no one would know that from reading this Q article.

I know - why do they always insist on missing his dry, slightly nonsensical humor? It's such a major part of the persona, and if you don't see it I can't imagine how irritating and even fake he must seem.

(Of course I'll actually grant them the essential point - he does seem to genuinely believe he should lead the charts. But he can obviously laugh about it a bit, as well.)

Even so, it's nice to read a relatively straightforward, positive show review that even makes some interesting observations about his current stage persona. And as I think somebody (oh, wait - nm, I'm thinking of elsewhere) said, there's even mention of the band!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom