Do you want Morrissey to know what you feel?

just keepin' the thread alive...boogiewoogie

I'm already nervous just THINKING about writing something down that he might read... dear God please help me:o

I'm already nervous just THINKING about writing something down that he might read... dear God please help me:o

awww i know how you feel. it will be great though! come march/april you guys are going to wonder where i went...and i'm telling you..i will be swimming through piles and piles of paper....my phone-line blocked off with calls and my mail-box stuffed with letters and letters and letters...
it will be worth it though. i am SO excited!

Absolutely. Positively.
Count me in, and good luck with it.
I hope you do it.

Hi Duchess, I wondered when you wanted us to have this done by? I've done lots of thinking so far... And that's about it! :o

this is good idea for creating a primary source
for people to use in the future for 'Morrissey Studies'
i am only half joking
no really i would be fascinated not only to see letters from Morrissey fans from now
but things people wrote years ago
so not only giving a broad image of Morrissey fandom now
but one that also had greater depth by being organized with an eye to
historicty and the longevity of the 'Morrissey Fan' community

When is this happening?do we e-mail you?Explain please.

When is this happening?do we e-mail you?Explain please.

If you go back in the thread, I posted an address you can send it to. :) I'd prefer it to be handwritten to show that its genuine!

wasn't there a story posted here about someone putting together a photo exhibit of morrissey fans at morrissey concerts. can't remember if the plans included a book. the person is from New York City.

maybe you can get together with him for those pictures, and also hunt down other pictures of morrissey fans at concerts and their interactions with morrissey. Linder (is that her name?) of course took fabulous pictures (math tinder used to post them here all the time)...beautiful pictures of morrissey on stage and fans interacting with him. i wonder if it is possible to get her involved and willing to give you permission to use some. i also think artwork is a great idea too. however, i think pictures fans send in of themselves is boring for a book. people want to see something compelling and interesting, we can just go on morrissey's myspace page if we want to know how morrissey fans look like. so i think concert photos (must include fans in some way) and artwork, side-by-side with fan letters, is the way to go. try to get some celebrities to write letters too perhaps. that guy from reno 911, chloe, other people. these are selling points for the publisher, and it will also make the book more interesting i think.

it would be great if you can hunt down letters from the past too. maybe. but i doubt people made copies and i doubt morrissey would open his letter drawer.

just suggestions

;) ;)

Last edited:
Do you want Morrissey to know what you feel, if i put my hand in his trouser pocket? hopefully some spare change and his house keys!

It's a good idea. My best friend is currently going through something which puts life in perspective and she sat down a wrote a letter to Depeche Mode (who mean to her what Morrissey means to me) and it was beautiful. I'd happily try to write something, but I know from watching her how hard it is to actually do

i want him to watch The Secret

I reckon he doesn't need to.

He already has it!

Years ago there was a thing called the Alchemy Box,
which was much the same thing only more
organic. It involved planting seeds, making collages
and doing cleansing rituals.

wasn't there a story posted here about someone putting together a photo exhibit of morrissey fans at morrissey concerts. can't remember if the plans included a book. the person is from New York City.

maybe you can get together with him for those pictures, and also hunt down other pictures of morrissey fans at concerts and their interactions with morrissey. Linder (is that her name?) of course took fabulous pictures (math tinder used to post them here all the time)...beautiful pictures of morrissey on stage and fans interacting with him. i wonder if it is possible to get her involved and willing to give you permission to use some. i also think artwork is a great idea too. however, i think pictures fans send in of themselves is boring for a book. people want to see something compelling and interesting, we can just go on morrissey's myspace page if we want to know how morrissey fans look like. so i think concert photos (must include fans in some way) and artwork, side-by-side with fan letters, is the way to go. try to get some celebrities to write letters too perhaps. that guy from reno 911, chloe, other people. these are selling points for the publisher, and it will also make the book more interesting i think.

it would be great if you can hunt down letters from the past too. maybe. but i doubt people made copies and i doubt morrissey would open his letter drawer.

just suggestions

;) ;)

I adore your suggestions! I'd love to be able to contact Linder ( I am a huuuuge fan of hers! Recently at a university interview, I used her as one of my main influences in performance art...none of the profs knew who she was but then they said they'll have to look her up because they liked what I said about her). I don't know how to contact her though, and if she would, yet again, be willing to participate in a Morrissey related project. I think eventually, when I get a bit more established, I would like to do a project on her, but from my position right now, the resources are extremely limited..I suppose "Linder Works" will do for now!

I will be going to a couple of the shows this upcoming tour for sure, and a photographer friend of mine might get involved and snap a couple of pictures of the fans. Hopefully people will start sending in their letters soon (March, April, May) so that I can have an overview of what needs to be put in and such.

Thank you all for being so supportive, this is a collective effort. I think a large sum of the proceeds of this book's earnings should be donated to PETA or a similar cause that we all know Morrissey would approve of- I hate people who try to earn money on his fame, and I just want everybody to know that this is really just a mission from the heart! Also, by donating all of this money, there could be some media awareness brought to the book, and increasing of our chances that Morrissey, the man we love, will read our letters!

Don't worry, I have it all planned! The ball is in your court now!

Love,
Duchess of Fork

Reviving this thread:

An update: I have received some letters (beautiful, by the way! I'm only reading them for editing purposes, but there shall not be too much editing).

I hope you who hoped to participate in the book of letters for Morrissey did not lose interest. I am still looking for lots of versatility and interesting contributions. Postcards, small letters, notes, doodles with Morrissey in mind- anything, it doesn't have to be a full letter. I think with so much text, it would be nice to include some interesting postcards and pictures.

I will be opening a P.O. box in my post office, because the mailbox that I was using (my friend's) cannot handle it anymore. I just wanted to re-inform you guys and get you thinking about this whole thing again!

Lots of lurve,
DoF

How much time do we have to send you something? i just saw this thread and would like to contribute! :)

I reckon he doesn't need to.

He already has it!

Years ago there was a thing called the Alchemy Box,
which was much the same thing only more
organic. It involved planting seeds, making collages
and doing cleansing rituals.

i know, i realized that while watching the interview with him and Margi Clark where he goes "the strangest thing in life is when you get what you really want" or something like that and he's got it!

anyway, i forgot about this thread completely, but i will definately get to writing this letter! i wish i was a good artist or something so i could draw something as well...

i don't need a book to say all that i need to say to moz:

Moz, you are a turd.

there. i've opened up room in your book who can't say what they have to say in 5 words.

i am told Suzanne was not always like this :(
once she had love in her heart like she should but then ROTT came out? :eek:
but i dont know really :confused:
however, i blame her becoming a lawyer :o

i am told Suzanne was not always like this :(
once she had love in her heart like she should but then ROTT came out? :eek:
but i dont know really :confused:
however, i blame her becoming a lawyer :o

Nothing to do with ROTT, she's been nothing but carping, bitter and negative ever since I've been visiting this site which was long long before ROTT came out. I think it's just in her nature.

Back
Top Bottom