Do You Believe In God?

Do You Believe In God?

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Again, a basic biology text-book will explain this.

Again...SPECULATION...

None of us were there when life began...

So it all comes down to what you want to BELIEVE

And I chose to believe I have a higher purpose in life than being just The Great-GREAT-Grandkid of Swamp Water

Basically, Evolutionists must have low self esteem to think so lowly of themselves...

It has been my experience that Atheists are the most fervent Christians. They totally equate "God" with "Christianity" and feel that in rejecting Christianity they have somehow disproven God.

There are many ways to believe in God.

I really try not to get involved with these discussions but Atheists, in my experience, are more rigid in their beliefs than fundamentalist Christians. It really cracks me up when they start trying to sound "scientific".

There is no need to disprove god. To disprove it there needs to be a valid case made for it/he/she, seeing as there is none, disproving it is an irrelevance. Show me a single piece of evidence, just one, for the existence of a 'god'.
Being afraid of death is a rational emotion, feeling the need to validate your existence is reassuring, but please don't pretend it is anything other than the creation of your own brain.

Again...SPECULATION...

None of us were there when life began...

So it all comes down to what you want to BELIEVE

And I chose to believe I have a higher purpose in life than being just The Great-GREAT-Grandkid of Swamp Water

Basically, Evolutionists must have low self esteem to think so lowly of themselves...

No, I think incredibly highly of myself. But thanks for your concern.

There is no need to disprove god. To disprove it there needs to be a valid case made for it/he/she, seeing as there is none, disproving it is an irrelevance. Show me a single piece of evidence, just one, for the existence of a 'god'.
Being afraid of death is a rational emotion, feeling the need to validate your existence is reassuring, but please don't pretend it is anything other than the creation of your own brain.

If you say you know something that you can't prove you don't know it. that sounds more like agnostic than atheist to me.

The point of my posts is that you can't PROVE the existence of God..it's all about what you chose to believe...

You can't PROVE how life began...it's all what you chose to believe..

So yeah, I would be an idiot if I stood here and Said YES I CAN PROVE GOD exists as much as anyone who wants to stand up and say GOD DOES NOT EXIST

The point of my posts is that you can't PROVE the existence of God..it's all about what you chose to believe...

You can't PROVE how life began...it's all what you chose to believe..

So yeah, I would be an idiot if I stood here and Said YES I CAN PROVE GOD exists as much as anyone who wants to stand up and say GOD DOES NOT EXIST

As long as you understand that isn't an argument, fine. believe what you want, it's fine by me, but i would advise to look at empiricism or the scientific method.

Semantics. So I'm guessing you're a believer in thor, or the sun-god...you can't disprove it right...

You're "I don't need to prove a negative" is redundant and ridiculous...

I don't need to Prove the existance of God..you can chose to believe what you want to believe...

I chose to believe in what I chose to believe...

As long as you understand that isn't an argument, fine. believe what you want, it's fine by me, but i would advise to look at empiricism or the scientific method.

The Origin Of Life is PHILOSOPHY, it is not SCIENCE...

It can't be proven...it can only be speculated on...

Many Scientists believe in God..does that make them stupid?

You're "I don't need to prove a negative" is redundant and ridiculous...

I don't need to Prove the existance of God..you can chose to believe what you want to believe...

I chose to believe in what I chose to believe...

Why? why do you believe?

The Origin Of Life is PHILOSOPHY, it is not SCIENCE...

It can't be proven...it can only be speculated on...

Many Scientists believe in God..does that make them stupid?

Ummmm, no that's simply not true I'm afraid. A few scientists do believe in a God/Gods but they are a very small minority.

Why? why do you believe?

because I chose to...it makes more rational sense to believe someone or something (Even If I can't understand) was behind everything than to attribute everything to random chance...

Watches don't get made by themselves...they are designed..

That is one reason I chose To Believe

I think it's ironic that you point to a book to back up your beliefs. I rely on an open mind and the ability to reason. It's also funny that you mention evolution, which is a theory. I believe the basic principles of survival of the fittest, but it's a little more complicated than your basic biology book would lead you to believe.

because I chose to...it makes more rational sense to believe someone or something (Even If I can't understand) was behind everything than to attribute everything to random chance...

Watches don't get made by themselves...they are designed..

That is one reason I chose To Believe

Do you come from a religious (in its broadest sense) background e.g do your family also believe?

Do you come from a religious (in its broadest sense) background e.g do your family also believe?

My personal background is irrelevent..I base my beliefs on Logic

That would be like saying...Well my priest molested me..therefore There can't be a God!

I think it's ironic that you point to a book to back up your beliefs. I rely on an open mind and the ability to reason. It's also funny that you mention evolution, which is a theory. I believe the basic principles of survival of the fittest, but it's a little more complicated than your basic biology book would lead you to believe.

I didn't point to a book to reassure myself, I advised a basic text-book because neither of you seem to actually understand the first thing about the evolutionary process, which is exemplified by words like 'chance' if you actually knew anything about it, you would realise it isn't anything to do with chance in the way you are implying

I didn't point to a book, I advised a basic text-book because neither of you seem to actually understand the first thing bout the evolutionary process, which is exemplified by words like 'chance' if you actually knew anything about it, you would realise it isn't anything to do with chance in the way you are implying

so because a biology text-book was written by some guy who spent so many years studying the scientific method and yet he still can't tell me how life came to be from non-life...or sentience came to be from non-sentience...

You think one day an ape woke up and thought outloud and said "Hey, meeeasssaa horny.....but she looking to sagggy in the butt"...No APES f*** based on Instict..they don't Reason....

WHERE THE HELL DID REASON COME FROM?

Come on, I'm not making personal remarks. It's not that I'm that bothered by them but it's a sure sign you are out of gas.

so because a biology text-book was written by some guy who spent so many years studying the scientific method and yet he still can't tell me how life came to be from non-life...or sentience came to be from non-sentience...

You think one day an ape woke up and thought outloud and said "Hey, meeeasssaa horny.....but she looking to sagggy in the butt"...No APES f*** based on Instict..they don't Reason....

WHERE THE HELL DID REASON COME FROM?

You know those science books...i advise you to maybe pick one or two up...just a thought

Back
Top Bottom