Christmas Amnesty for the Banned SoLowers

I really miss the old days with the Word Association thread, and NRiTH, and Worm, and FNIOP, and Alcoholic Afternoons. Yes, those are all guys. The girls are mostly all still here.

Whatever happened to Worm? Did he get happy or something?

I really miss the old days with the Word Association thread, and NRiTH, and Worm, and FNIOP, and Alcoholic Afternoons. Yes, those are all guys. The girls are mostly all still here.

Whatever happened to Worm? Did he get happy or something?

Worm is gone? Last I checked, he was going on (and on and on) in the Democrat health care thread. Like most Democrat threads, it was so boring I stopped reading it.

Worm is gone? Last I checked, he was going on (and on and on) in the Democrat health care thread. Like most Democrat threads, it was so boring I stopped reading it.

Yeah, well.. if you get sick, you'll understand.

Anyway. If I was going to make an "I wanna do..." tag, it would not be of you. I doubt this truth offends you.

Yeah, well.. if you get sick, you'll understand.

Oh, so if I don't support the Democrat House bill or the Senate bill, or whatever will come from them, then I'm somehow not understanding of sick people? What a joke.

BTW, did you see this in the papers:

Women in their 40s should stop routinely having annual mammograms and older women should cut back to one scheduled exam every other year, an influential federal task force has concluded....

"Tens of thousands of lives are being saved by mammography screening, and these idiots want to do away with it," said Daniel B. Kopans, a radiology professor at Harvard Medical School. "It's crazy -- unethical, really."

Women in their 40s should stop routinely having annual mammograms and older women should cut back to one scheduled exam every other year, an influential federal task force has concluded, challenging the use of one of the most common medical tests.

In its first reevaluation of breast cancer screening since 2002, the independent government-appointed panel recommended the changes, citing evidence that the potential harm to women having annual exams beginning at age 40 outweighs the benefit.

Sounds like a step towards the DEATH PANELS Sarah Palin warned about!!! But it's for the greater good. Well, actually, it seems to be throwing middle-aged and older women under the bus in order to cut costs.

See here:

Researchers worry the new report will be interpreted as a political effort by the Obama administration to save money on health care costs.

Of course, Dr. Berry noted, if the new guidelines are followed, billions of dollars will be saved.

Yes, they're right, that is how I interpret it, and as they're saying, it'll save billions. And they can spin it however they like, but it sounds like the death panels are already becoming reality.

Last edited:
Well, wrong thread. But, you have no idea how many women I've known who go into a panic when their mammograms show a "dense spot" which turns out to be nothing, but necessitates lots of very expensive testing. And yearly xrays tip the chances of borderline cancers being activated. I'm at higher risk for chest-based cancers simply because I have to have so many CT scans to monitor the cancer that's been cured. Crazy.

Believe me. The death panels are already here, and they are called United Health Care, and Blue Cross Blue Shield, among other names. I had stellar, gold-plated coverage and still had lots of delays and possibly unnecessary testing-- one test alone cost $24,000-- in the middle of three entire months of tests to determine something that could have been diagnosed in hours, had the doctors had the freedom to cut to the chase. This also delayed my treatment by months.

It's just not ethical to have health care coverage be controlled by for-profit corporations. They profit from denying care, end of story. There must be a way to allow more people to get the care they need and still allow companies and individual caretakers to collect a fair profit, don't you think? It's just that the restructuring required is so radical nobody's brave enough to consider it.

I mean, don't you believe that withholding care is more expensive than providing it?

Also, I have to add. Sarah Palin is a moron. She's not fit to be an Oprah producer, let alone a policy-maker. (Yet who has more power? Hmmm...) Please pick a smart Republican lady, they must exist.

Last edited:
BUMP

How about an early Christmas present for some banned Solowers?

If people could take their bannings, which are usually for a year, and just suck it up and stop registering new accounts and attacking everyone for their own actions then they would get reinstated.

Robby was once banned now he's not.

Certain people will never be allowed back because of their actions. The rest don't need davidt to give them something, they need to give him something. A sign that they deserve to come back.

If people could take their bannings, which are usually for a year, and just suck it up and stop registering new accounts and attacking everyone for their own actions then they would get reinstated.

Robby was once banned now he's not.

Certain people will never be allowed back because of their actions. The rest don't need davidt to give them something, they need to give him something. A sign that they deserve to come back.

yep to all that :thumb: and i am sure that if some of the people currently on the Solo "lifetime"/1 year ban list(which makes them ineligible for the Hall of Fame :eek:)
if they just stepped away from their trolling then they would realize the error of their previous ways and be able to reform themselves :guitar:

"I wanna do Theo" = best tag ever.

What makes you want to do Theo, anonymous tagger? I like his personality and posts but I don't know what he looks like. I bet he's a brunette.

Sistasheila was banned!?! Why?

EDIT: Oh, duh, obviously there could be a member named Sista Sheila. I'm a dummy. :o
uh?i wasnt banned- i couldnt get online much due to several illness matters and hospital stays.
i dont have a internet connection at home
a few times in the last weeks i was allowed to go online at my neighbour comp so i could get at least updated but since it was only a few minutes i obv couldnt write some posts to not overstretch his hospitality
still ill.just sitting in the library right now again- for some time as i am feeling a bit better at the moment-than in the past weeks- same as 2 days ago - before it gets back to bed

did travel with a taxi straight from the hospital to the hamburg gig-30 euro!damm
actually i was schechuled to stay a day longer there for more checks but since i could sit at the cch it was alright-i just couldnt let him pass by while he is in hamburg- plus the 65 euro for the ticket i dont want it didnt want it let it pass for THAT price-

before the ilness-esses-i i was in london for rah where i could only peak online for a few minutes on the hostel computer(free card)
grim posting with my account/PW? ahh i dont think such a nice person as him would do that

Last edited:
The mods are all big fat party poopers.:mad:

Makes you want to throw in the towel.:(

Banning people is pathetic on an adult music forum ....(please God spare me from Kewpie's crap on TOS yawn yawn yawn and how we are all privileged just being able to be here.:sleeping:)

Tags
good idea i wanna do theo miss worm staybnnd theo is amazing theo is cool theo is so great
Back
Top Bottom