Belle and Sebastian appreciation thread

I'm reading about them now (Belle and Sebastian: Just a Modern Rock Story)
and Stuart sent copies of Tigermilk to only two people, one of them being Morrissey.
The book has lot's of Smiths' references.

I would love to see them live, an excellent band.

Seeing Other People is a favourite of mine.

Mr Murdoch's new project called 'God Help
I've noticed the girl singers are always like models, funny that.

Talking of amazing looking women I saw Shantha Roberts (Belle & Sebastian cover start), the other day, walking her dog in Kelvingrove Park.

Unfortunately she was with her boyfriend otherwise I would have approached her.

What would have happened next is obvious.

Finding my charm irresistble, Shantha would have insisted we started going steady, eventually we'd have got married and, hand in hand, we'd have lived out an idyllic life together long into the sunset of our lives.

:lbf:

I remember seeing B&S when they played an outdoor show at Glasgow Botantic Gardens. I love the records but I was actually surprised at just how good they were live. The highlight had to be 'The Boy With The Arab Strap'.

I was at that show. I remember feeling odd because I got sunburnt in Scotland!

From Stuart's diary:

"It’s autumn, and as I flew over Greenland in the night, I turned my mind toward Belle And Sebastian, and looked forward to music once more. I’m meeting Stevie for lunch, and though he doesn’t know it yet, I’m going to talk about the group and think about a new record. It’s going to be an autumn of song writing and exploring."

I'm ready for some more B&S. Anyone seen the Lego covers of the albums? There's a link from the B&S website.

I'm a big fan - seen them a couple of times in London & Preston (I think) - somewhere grim & northern.

I like the fact that they always do a couple of live covers. Some of them are hilarious!

I've not read the biog yet - hoping to get hold of a copy soon.

Has anyone managed to grab the 'Come Monday Night' video? If so please post a link here.

Thanks

I'm dying to go to this Bowlie 2 festival, but only have a couple freinds who are B&S fans, and they can't make it :tears:

I'm dying to go to this Bowlie 2 festival, but only have a couple freinds who are B&S fans, and they can't make it :tears:

Yes, but at least you HAVE friends who are Belle and Sebastian fans. I have none at all, well one but he lives in Ireland. I'm dying to go to the Bowlie fest too.

Belle and Sebastian are my favourite band. The Smiths come first of all time, but for current matters they are my favourite band. :thumb:

I even have 'Wrapped Up in Books' tattooed on my right wrist.
Oh, I love adore B&S. :blushing:

It's not THAT grim up North, and even if it is the people will always make up for it. :thumb:

I've done 40 years (give or take) and I must disagree. It is pretty grim :D.

I'm staunchly proud to be Northern though - just don't want to live there.

I've done 40 years (give or take) and I must disagree. It is pretty grim :D.

I'm staunchly proud to be Northern though - just don't want to live there.

:lbf: Fair enough. Hopefully I won't survive 40 years here, 20 seems like more than enough. It's that old story though where you try to leave and you just keep coming back. I must like it grim, eh? :lbf:

But yeah, you're probably right there ringrosso. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom