Sinead Appreciation Society

snapyou

Humdee,dumdee,homocide
Just thought Sinead was worth her own space on here.

Despite,following her from the beginning,I am still finding hidden gems.

Screenshot_20230730_190845_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230730_191133_Twitter.jpg

Not sure if this might have been posted in another thread but anyway it seems to be the Bowie tribute concert that Matt Walker referred to when he paid tribute to Sinead last week.

Three Babies,which is mentioned at the end of Shirley Manson's tribute In Rolling Stone.

Very interesting and sensible interview
Interestingly, her Rememberings has been published by Penguin Books

Plenty of radio programme tributes available (in the U.K. at least) on the BBC Sounds app (search “Sinead”).

Also available for another 3 weeks or so as a tribute is “The First Time With Sinead“ - an hour long programme featuring a 2012 interview with Sinead about her first musical memories, influences and musical heroes and well worth listening to (search “First Time” and search through the ‘Show’ tab for all available episodes).

Allow me to echo Moz’s sentiments when I ask: where was this thread when Sinead was still alive?

I took Samsa's comment as sarcasm/hater parody. I rated it "funny." Was it supposed to be in earnest?

I took Samsa's comment as sarcasm/hater parody. I rated it "funny." Was it supposed to be in earnest?
I said it in half jest. I was deliberately trying to be funny, but there was an element of truth to it, echoing Morrissey’s sentiment somewhat.

There are loads of musical artists that I adore but I'm not sitting around making appreciation threads about them. Were they to suddenly die, I would absolutely start one or contribute to one... I don't think in any way that makes it insincere.

I've been going down a rabbit hole since her passing........watched the "movie" on her and reading her book. Ahead of her time. Her smile at 1:19 is great

There are loads of musical artists that I adore but I'm not sitting around making appreciation threads about them. Were they to suddenly die, I would absolutely start one or contribute to one... I don't think in any way that makes it insincere.
I’m completely the same. Yet I can’t help but feel that there’s something iffy about all this posthumous gushing.

Back
Top Bottom