Aylesbury - Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (July 23, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
What's the feeling about the two new musicians?
Are they enjoying themselves on stage?
Even though Morrissey liked to make out (a little unconvincingly!) that he was one of the lads, I think having women in the band could turn out to be a really positive move.
Be great if they end up contributing songs.
Do we know if they're currently in other bands? I think Carmen is, so I guess may not be able to stick around in the long term.

Tonight's new (redbubble) badge:

Screenshot_20230724-002400.png
Screenshot_20230724-002452.png

FWD.

Just got back,I went to Portsmouth,The Troxy and tonight's was my favourite of the three.I don't know why but I do.After the gig ended I went to the merchandise stall and enquired about the signed lps and there was two left.So I treated myself to a signed The World Won't Listen.

Not sure if I've added this for previous gigs, but 1st badge is the 'unf***withable' bird:

Unf***withable_1400x.jpg

I just saw Noel Gallagher, co-headline with Garbage, and he only played 14 songs. Then went home to headline and played 18. So there’s some contemporary Mancunian setlist stats for you.

I
I knew I didn’t want to know 😂

Im amazed you like The Smiths . Good for you honey. I had you down as a pub rockabilly type and I read somewhere you were a Gene fan , so I took your comments with a pinch of salt but if you like Smiths that’s brilliant

I was too young to see Smiths . My dad saw them loads
I’m gutted

The setlists were about 20-22 songs until pretty recently. Pre-covid, I think. They started dropping to 18ish around the first Viva Moz Vegas shows. I saw four shows from each Caesars residency plus the San Louis Obispo, Oakland, and San Francisco gigs in the last two years and it seems to be the new normal.

For my part, I've never left unsatisfied. Its bordering on too short now, but I think if he went for longer than 90 minutes it becomes too long a night.

Great to see Speedway back, and I agree with the earlier sentiment in this thread: We Hate it when our Friends Become Successful is a terrific opener to the set. Such a great, loud concussive energy. Powerful way to begin.

I’m indeed jealous!

If you can recall (and don’t mind me asking), what did it cost to catch those ‘86 shows? I’ve seen old pics of ticket stubs, but what did an average ticket cost (were prices drastically different between the US/UK)? Maybe I don’t want to know lol. Ahhh, good old inflation. A coke used to cost me 25 cents as a kid, too!

I think I’d have been fine if they randomly pulled 18 Smiths songs out of a hat to create a set list, tbh!

In California, the 1985 Meat Is Murder ticket was $16.50 plus fees.

To the couple that were absolutely hammered. Male in a flowery shirt. Female looked like Velma from Scooby Doo gone wrong. You were dancing like you'd popped 3 Es each.

I hope you are proud that you barged the mum and very young daughter out of the way. They'd found a nice little spot far stage left. Your ridiculous dancing, OTT sweaty/sweary screaming and general dodginess was clearly scaring the young girl. They had to move to get away from you and lose their sweet spot to you clowns. In the end I had to try and form a human barrier so you didn't elbow the poor little lass. Shame on you!
First Morrissey gig?

Just wondering why the thread title has been Americanised? It's 'Theatre', not 'theater':

Likely carried over from the text in the original announcement on Morrissey Central.

I'll update the spelling around the site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom