posted by davidt on Wednesday February 18 2009, @10:30AM
shoey writes:
Morrissey will be on the arts programme 'Front Row' on BBC Radio 4 at 7 15pm Wednesday 18th Feb.

Kewpie also sends the link to the thread posted by Prison Planet in the forums. User BBC posted in the thread:
I'm the producer of Radio 4's Front Row interview with Morrissey which does indeed go out at 7.15 tonight. It's a 30-minute interview recorded on Monday in which he talks about his childhood and how he loved to go to the record shop in Moss Side aged 6; how his life was changed by his awareness of abattoirs; writing with Johnny Marr; whether the Smiths will get back together... and turning 50. Enjoy. And you can listen again on the Radio 4 website for 7 days after broadcast.
From the Radio 4 site:

Wednesday In a rare interview, the former Smiths singer Morrissey talks candidly about poetry, music, the life-changing influence of the abattoir, and whether we'll ever see The Smiths re-form...
---
---
Update: 02/19 07:50 GMT:
An anonymous person posted in the comments a link to download the audio provided by Claudia2006 in the forums (original post).

Download available locally here (32.6 MB zip).
Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by maynard morrissey (via Morrissey reddit):

Excerpt:

I noticed that some people had come to this site via a posting on the 'Morrissey Solo' site and I navigated to the site to see if there were any comments. One or two people commented that they found the printing of his letter in the 'Viva Hate' songbook to be a little 'creepy'. I can only say that I thought long and hard about scanning the letter for inclusion. The reason I went ahead was for various points; firstly there was nothing particularly 'personal' in the letter which I think Morrissey could be embarrassed by. Secondly, I think it's quite a historical moment in the life of Morrissey when he finally makes the brave decision to leave the Smiths behind and start his solo career and as such, I thought it was a moment worth sharing with his fans. I also wanted to put the record straight about the fact it was me and NOT Vini Reilly who wrote the songs that went on to become 'Viva Hate'.
---
Frosty writes:
Soundcheck - The King of Mope Returns
The singer-songwriter Morrissey has made an colorful career singing witty songs about heartache and his unrequited desire. Today: a Soundcheck Smackdown debate on Morrissey’s music and career. Also: Emily Hope Price is a classically-trained singer/songwriter who sings with her cello and works with electronic loops; Bridget Kibbey is a harpist with a taste for genre-blurring collaborations. The two perform live in our studio and share the unusual story of how they met.
Soundcheck Smackdown: Morrissey – Witty or Washed Up?

The singer-songwriter Morrissey has made an colorful career singing witty songs about heartache and his unrequited desire. The former leader of the 1980’s band The Smiths refuses to cheer up on his new solo album, “Years of Refusal.” Today: A Soundcheck Smackdown debate on Morrissey’s music and career. Guests include Marc Spitz, author of the Smiths-inspired novel "How Soon is Never?" and a longtime fan of Morrissey; and Tim Riley, an NPR critic, author and speaker.
Mark writes:
Spotted on Macworld UK website....

"Morrissey and why music still matters"

Morrissey and why music still matters - blog entry by Nick Spence - Macworld UK

Not a review but links to you guys.
Guillaume METAYER writes:
LAST MYSPACE BULLETIN
17 Feb 2009
Get Years of Refusal for $3.99 today only
Years of Refusal is out today in the U.S.
---
Torr writes the deal is still available as of Wednesday.
MrTheEdge writes:
Years Of Refusal has been out in the states for less than 24 hours and its come in as the 8th highest selling album on iTunes this week.
Henrik L writes:
Morrissey is featured on Earfarm.com under the topic: Countdown: 10 Lyrics Morrissey Stole From Elsewhere.
angel.peraza writes:
I was thinking about buying a Zune and was on their site when I saw this:

DISCOVER MUSIC

Zune Marketplace is the ultimate online music experience. Discover new music in ways you won't find anywhere else. This week: Morrissey's new album, Years of Refusal.

Link: http://social.zune.net/default.aspx
Today's News | February 19 | February 17  >

[ home | terms of service ]