Morrissey on BBC Radio 4 'Front Row'

Prison Planet

I'm not sure if this information has been posted elsewhere. Apologies if it has but I couldn't see it.

Tonight (Wed 18th Feb) a Morrissey interview is being aired on Radio 4 at 7.15pm. The show is called 'Front Row'.

Re: Morrissey on Radio 4

Hi

I'm the producer of Radio 4's Front Row interview with Morrissey which does indeed go out at 7.15 tonight. It's a 30-minute interview recorded on Monday in which he talks about his childhood and how he loved to go to the record shop in Moss Side aged 6; how his life was changed by his awareness of abattoirs; writing with Johnny Marr; whether the Smiths will get back together... and turning 50. Enjoy. And you can listen again on the Radio 4 website for 7 days after broadcast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/frontrow/index.shtml

Re: Morrissey on Radio 4

Hi

I'm the producer of Radio 4's Front Row interview with Morrissey which does indeed go out at 7.15 tonight. It's a 30-minute interview recorded on Monday in which he talks about his childhood and how he loved to go to the record shop in Moss Side aged 6; how his life was changed by his awareness of abattoirs; writing with Johnny Marr; whether the Smiths will get back together... and turning 50. Enjoy. And you can listen again on the Radio 4 website for 7 days after broadcast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/frontrow/index.shtml

Thanks for the confirmation and extra info, BBC. We'll be all ears. :)

Radio 4 The Front Line Interview Wednesday 18th February

Morrissey is interviewed this evening on Radio 4's Front Row

'The British singer-songwriter Morrissey, who stormed onto the music scene in the early 1980s with his band The Smiths, is about to turn 50 and is celebrating it with the release of a new solo album Years of Refusal. In a candid interview for this special edition of Front Row, Morrissey looks back over the last 50 years and his early years growing up in Manchester's Moss Side. He also reflects on composing with Johnny Marr, whether The Smiths are ever likely to re-form, and how it feels to be still belting out the songs as he approaches his half-century.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Radio 4 The Front Line Interview Wednesday 18th February

Thanks for the heads up. I'm struggling to catch up on all the media coverage with the new album.

I submitted a story to the main page about this yesterday when I posted about it here on the forums but I pressume it hasn't been updated yet.
I'm sure someone will be able to record it for download for anyone who misses it!

Back
Top Bottom