posted by davidt on Sunday February 15 2009, @12:30PM
Johan writes:
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris enters the UK top 40 at number 21.

That's his worst performing lead-off single since Dagenham Dave in 1995 and his second worst performing single of the decade, only All You Need Is Me did worse (number 24).
---
The Official UK Singles Chart
Kewpie sends the link to the discussion in the forums in this thread also by Johan (via Morrissey reddit).
JR writes:
Good 4 star review in yesterday's Irish Times (The Ticket, review by Lauren Murphy)
---
Eric sends the link:

Years of Refusal (4 of 5 stars)- review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine, blog - Allmusic.com
---
I am a Ghost posted the review in the forums:
The Guardian reviews "Years of Refusal" (3 out of 5)
----
A Mans Man posted the review in the forums:
Irish Independent YOR Review 3 out of 5
----
zepfan1 posted the review in the forums:
People Magazine gives YOR 3 1/2 stars out of 4 (rating corrected - scan from mozmic dancer in the thread).
Stefan Krix writes:
Taken from an inlay of the german standard version of Years of Refusal:

The first 1.000 people who register for a Morrissey-Newsletter on www.morrissey.de/mp3 will get a code for a free 320 kps download of Shame Is The Name.

Although the previous releases and the promo for the new single I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris have all been on the Decca label, it seems that the singles as well as all european releases will now be on Polydor.
Siminki writes:
I've created a website for the new album Years of Refusal. Being a web designer I work on large ecommerce sites so need a creative outlet every now and then. I wanted to build a site that I had some personal interest and passion about. So, what could be better than my favourite artist's new album? The sites had a good response so far being featured on several web design galleries. Its only just gone live so any feedback, ideas or content would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
An anonymous person writes:
98*7FM is having a I Heart Morrissey Weekend. They are giving away vegetarian dinners, tickets to Chivas USA games, Coachella tickets and Ipods along with copies of Years Of Refusal.

Here are details on their site
there is also a trivia game

http://www.987fm.com/pages/iheartmorrissey/
Today's News | February 16 | February 14  >

[ home | terms of service ]