posted by davidt on Wednesday December 24 2008, @02:00PM
Len Brown writes:
Just decided to put one more clip from my 1997 Moz interview on You Tube. It's him talking about Marianne Faithfull and Sandie Shaw. Could put more up for Moz fans but the sound is shocking so probably not worthwhile. If I can find a sound editor to improve it then I'll share some more moments. Merry Xmas and best wishes for 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSl69oFjsW8

adhouse writes:
According to Digiguide, Channel 4 in the UK will be broadcasting the video exclusive on 1oth January 2009 at 23:50.
The Pollstar listing for Morrissey shows a second St. Petersburg show:

Tue 06/30/09 Saint Petersburg, Russia Manezh
---
Also noted in the comments, the 2 Finland shows initially listed on Morrissey's Myspace were removed.
devout writes:
Mr. Brainwash - “life is beautiful” Exhibition

Loads of info on this link about the artist MBW (Mr Brainwash), who did the MLK/TMAAP poster.

Merry Christmas and 3 Points to Charlton.
---
Uncleskinny also writes in this forum post:

It seems the artwork - The cover and the cat picture, were taken in LA, possibly in April - (I'm extrapolating here...), here's some info...

MBW on MLK - LA Weekly Lurker

---
Alan writes:
I went to school with the principal writer and leadsinger (Steve), who is in a band called The Sads. They are based in Czeckoslovakia, and have a great following in the country there and getting lots of attention in Europe. I think some of the European fans who visit your site (that is, non-British or non-US fans) would really get a kick of this.

[For some background, The Sads website is http://www.myspace.com/thesads - they've released their first album called ('Pregnancy Scare').]

The track I'd love for you to post up on main board is called 'You Turned Me Into Morrissey' -- it's a brand new cut (not on the album) just a basic track at now, no overdubs. Steve has posted it for free download here:

"You Turned Me Into Morrissey" - The Sads (2:59 mp3, 3.42 MB, right click to download)

I was thrilled when I heard it, great lyrics for a Moz fan, and asked him I could forward it to your site. He liked the idea, and in his words "the idea of even one serious morrissey fan hearing it. Even if - or perhaps especially if - he or she doesn't like it." He asked me to mention specifically that's it's just a basic track, not finished.
WankerBez writes:
Andy Rourke joins Los Esmiths (SoCal Tribute Band) for a nice rendition of "Barbarism Begins At Home"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nyt8AtSwfk

Some Totally Random Moz Fan sends the link:

The Smiths' Johnny Marr Showcases His ‘Guitarchestra’ - Gibson

...So when I visited his Web site to catch up on the latest news from Johnny, I expected to simply click on the “News” link and be done with it. Instead, I was side-tracked by a savory little link entitled “Guitars,” in which Johnny showcases about two dozen vintage guitars in his collection, which he calls “guitarchestra.” Here’s a small sample of what we found. Get a napkin, because you’re going to need something to wipe the drool from your chin.
An anonymous person writes:
Platini Blunders in Embracing Nationalists' Political Football
"It is an easy mistake to make. Just because someone was a brilliant football player he will therefore make a brilliant football administrator, right? Wrong, actually, and wrong on a grand scale like assuming Morrissey would make a first-class psychiatrist because he wrote some insightful songs about the human condition.

Michel Platini was the Morrissey of footballers. Sadly he has been the James Blunt of football administrators — not in the sense that he has been soppy and criminally middle-of-the-road but simply that he has been rubbish."
Today's News | December 25 | December 23  >

[ home | terms of service ]