Aftonbladet, The arranger AEG Live
---
Jonna Mc Lean writes:
Tickets for the following dates are available on ticnet.se
tomorrow at 09:00 and Borås at 10:00

18 Juni 2009
---
Emil Bigsten writes:
Morrissey's myspace site lists [additional] tour dates.

Odense 15th June - Rytmeposten
Copenhagen 17th June - KB Hallen
Tampere 26th June - Arena
Helsinki 28th June - Cable Factory
---
sing-me-to-sleep writes:
Ticketmaster started a presale today at 10 a.m. for the following shows: Atlanta, Jacksonville, St Petersburg, Myrtle Beach, Durham, Richmond, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. That is if you agree to buy the YOR itunes download with the tickets as well.
posted by davidt on Thursday December 18 2008, @12:00PM
An anonymous person sends the link:

Steve Lillywhite On Morrissey's 'Vauxhall And I' - NPR

World Cafe, December 17, 2008 - By the time Vauxhall and I came around in 1994, Morrissey had already wooed the world, both in The Smiths and with a few critically acclaimed solo albums. His fourth solo effort marked a bit of a return to the jangly Smiths style, but as Morrissey has proved over and over again since then, he just keeps perfecting it.

Producer Steve Lillywhite gave Vauxhall and I the lush sound for which Morrissey recordings had been begging. In an interview with host David Dye, Lillywhite talks about the creation of the album, as well as what made Morrissey ask him back for two more.

"I see it like a painting," Lillywhite says. "When you make records, the voice is the thing at the front, and you paint a backdrop around it."
posted by davidt on Thursday December 18 2008, @12:00PM
An anonymous person writes:
Better Than The Real Thing? - Bernadette McNulty, The Telegraph, 18 Dec 2008

"Forget Blur or The Smiths reforming – fan sites and tribute bands can mend the heartache of a broken band"

"For some people, it was the sound of hell freezing over, but for the fans, it was literally, music to their ears. First 90s Brit Pop darlings Blur announced that after an eight year hiatus they would be reforming. Then 80s indie icons The Smiths were said to be thinking about burying their sizeable hatchets."

The article goes on to reflect on band reunions and the tribute scene and features The Smiths Indeed.
Today's News | December 19 | December 17  >

[ home | terms of service ]