posted by davidt on Thursday December 11 2008, @12:00PM
Kewpie sends the link (via Morrissey reddit), posted by Sidney24 in the forums (original post):

Rockhal Luxembourg - Morrissey, June 5, 2009

Club: standing
Price: 40,-€ + presale fee
presale will start Friday 12th Dec at 10h00

Time: Show: 20.30 hrs
Doors: 20.00 hrs
----
Kewpie also sends the link (via Morrissey reddit), originally posted by sistashiela in the forums:

Russia concert on the 1st July 09?

Moz in Moscow-a russian newspaper announced a mozconcert ..

i have been mailing with someone who said there are rumours of moz playing in moscow on the 1th of july.
she sent me the above link which is in Cyrillic script^bablfisch tranlation further down

I first saw it posted on a moz site on LJ and first tthought it was a prank/wishful thinking then I viewed the page of the person who posted it... and then mailed one of the person posting the news to which she replied:

magda_vess
Hi!
there's no official confirmation on his web site yet, but some our news agency announced it, right.

here's the link: lenta.ru Morrissey news

they write that Morrissey will give a gig in Moscow, 1 July, in B1 Maximum club, also they write about his new album and upcoming tour in England)
---
phcbr6 writes:
Scotland pre-sale

I just got tix for Barrowland

Go for it people!
Scott Colothan sends the link:

Morrissey - 'Years Of Refusal' The World's First Listen! - Gigwise

by Jason Gregory
Thursday, December 11, 2008

For a man who tends to shed his skin (and his shirt) onstage, standing in the middle of one today Morrissey looks uncomfortable; out of place even. “This is my new album,” he says to the crowd of journalists. “Please God you'll like it.”

As he puts his fingers in his ears, Morrissey retreats to let the music do the talking. Here is Gigwise's guide to 'Years of Refusal' –arguably the singer's most important solo album to date.
---
Kewpie also sends the link to the post in the forums by Anin (or at least i was) (via Morrissey reddit) with scans:

Moz at The Pigalle Club today 'doing promo'

This morning at The Pigalle club on Piccadilly Morrissey introduced Years Of Refusal to about 60 people, mostly journalists I presume. I loved it. He was looking good.
Don't bother with the thumbnails, here are the lyrics (this time large enough to read)...
Viva Hate, OBGYN writes:
"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" will be released as a CD single and a 7" vinyl single.

According to HMV.co.uk:

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
Release date - February 09, 2009

CD

1. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
2. "Because of My Poor Education"

7"

A) "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
B) "Shame Is The Name"

Also:

The contents of the 'Years of Refusal' bonus DVD are:

1. "That's How People Grow Up" (promo)
2. "All You Need Is Me" (promo)
3. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (promo)

According to Polydor:

The promo for "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" has been completed. The video will be unveiled on YouTube on February 6, 2009.

DianaDors writes:
Britain's Daily Telegraph and Daily Mirror both lazily repeating the recent ill-informed "reunion" rumours. I think every sane person at Morrissey-solo (are there any..?) knows full well that Moz will never again share a stage with Joyce and Rourke - and without them it's not The Smiths, is it?

The Smiths 'could be ready for a reunion' - telegraph.co.uk

Morrissey and Johnny Marr heal rift raising hopes of a Smiths reunion - exclusive - mirror.co.uk

Excerpt:
One source said yesterday: “The very fact they are talking again is the most hopeful thing in years. The industry has been buoyant with talk of them getting back together.
---
cheaptray also sends the link:

The Smiths' Morrissey And Johnny Marr 'To Reunite' - Gigwise
---
ACTON also writes:
Rumours in Irish papers, on Irish Radio (Newstalk, Galway Bay FM) that there could be a Smiths reunion in 2009. I know we've heard this one before, but please don't stop me! MSN Entertainment UK website is hinting at the same thing.
www.telegraph.co.uk says the same thing. They all seem to think that a 'one off reunion' for 2009 may be on the cards.

---
Today's News | December 12 | December 10  >

[ home | terms of service ]