posted by davidt on Wednesday December 10 2008, @11:00AM
KrisV writes:
According to radio station Studio Brussel, Moz will play the Koningin Elisabethzaal in Antwerp on June 8th! No info on ticket sales yet.
---
According to a post by modrevolve in the forums (original post), additional US dates:

March 1st - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live - 12/20/08
March 7th - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse - 12/12/08
March 9th - Ashville, NC - The Orange Peel - 12/19/08

---
An anonymous person writes:
Just released: Morrissey at The Orange Peel in Asheville, NC, on March 9th!!!

He would love the vegan food at Rosetta's Kitchen!!!
---
An anonymous person posted in the comments of a previous story:

Just got an e-mail from the venue:

Mar. 9 at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC

Tix on sale Fri. Dec. 19, $40.00
jesuisbryony posted in the forums:

YoR to include DVD?

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=4027

I haven't heard anything about this before or is this a really obvious enquiry and I've missed something.
Follow-up to the previous story "'There Is A Light...' covers article - weheartmusic.com" - Vu writes:
Here's the excerpt of Mark Monnone from the Lucksmiths talking about their cover of "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" for our upcoming podcast show (podcast.weheartmusic.com).

The relevant transcription for those who can't hear the poor audio:
Vu: Can you tell me a little bit about how -- it it Micro-Indie Records or Matinee that approached you guys to do the recording for the Smiths Tribute album?

Mark: Yeah, it was Matinee Recordings of Santa Barbara. Our friend, Jimmy, who runs Matinee is quite obsessed with the Smiths ... unlike us, of course! Y'know people seem to think just because we have the word 'Smiths' in our name, that we must be obsessed with the Smiths (well we actually like them a lot).

But yeah, so Jimmy just, I think it was the 50th release or some on Matinee. Or some special landmark number something special to him so he wanted to do a Smiths Tribute.

At first we didn't know what song to go for. There are so many... I mean which Smiths song do you choose? And then Jimmy said, 'I really want you guys to do There is a Light That Never Goes Out'.

And we were like, 'Alright, we're gonna do that one!'.

What's so great about them is with the way they present. Y'know, Morrissey's vocal delivery and everything, I think it's so important. In a way, they're kind of untouchable. I think that compilation is half good and half pretty good.
DJ Manchester writes:
“THE SMITHS” played their final show ever on December 12, 1986 at London’s Brixton Academy. On the 22nd anniversary of that legendary gig, bassist Andy Rourke will be spinning a special guest DJ set at “OBSCURA” on 12/12/2008 at The
Ruby Room Lounge. Resident DJ Manchester & DJ Roya will also be spinning Britpop, Indie, & 80’s New Wave.

9:00PM - 2:00AM
$5.00 before 10PM
$10.00 after 10PM
21 and over

The Ruby Room Lounge
717 S. Central Ave.
Phoenix AZ 85004
Today's News | December 11 | December 9  >

[ home | terms of service ]