posted by davidt on Friday December 05 2008, @11:30AM
Martin writes:
This is the correct track list for Years Of Refusal. I know, because I was at the office of Universal Music Sweden today (Friday) and got an exclusive listening of the album.

It seemed very odd that both All you need is me and That’s how people grow up is on there, but that was certainly the case. If I get the time I’ll submit my notes from the listening, just like I did with Ringleader.
Kindly
/ Martin Söderström, Stockholm.

Years Of Refusal:

1. Something Is Squeezing My Skull
2. Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
3. Black Cloud
4. I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
5. All You Need Is Me
6. When I Last Spoke To Carol
7. That’s How People Grow Up
8. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
9. It’s Not Your Birthday Anymore
10. You Were Good In Your Time
11. Sorry Doesn’t Help
12. I’m OK By Myself
---
moztron also writes:
Hallo everyone from Italy.
A friend of mine who s a journalist this morning went to the offial listening of the new Morrissey album at the record company in Milan.
What he said is that the sound is more rock, lots of drums and sounds a bit Morriccone in some songs. He would give it a 7/10 and said it's good but not as the previouse ones

Here 's the official tracklist... [same as above]

See you all at the gigs.
Thanx to Marco
---
Johan writes:
A journalist writes in Svenska Dagbladet (The Swedish Daily) about Years of Refusal after an pre-listening at the Universals office. The tracklist is [same as above]
Update: 12/05 20:39 GMT: Kewpie posted in the comments an update from joe frady with more info:

Liverpool Empire May 10th
Birmingham Symphony Hall May 13th
Hull Arena 19th May
ticket sale date to be announced next week.

Carnegie Hall, NYC ~ March 26th, support Eli Paperboy Reed and the True Loves (no, me neither).
On-sale THIS SATURDAY 6th December at 10am.
---
Kewpie sends the link (via Morrissey reddit), originally posted by joe frady in the forums:

Janice Long just announced another 3 UK dates

JL just announced on her radio2 show that he's also playing liverpool, birmingham and hull. Ticket sales date to be announced next week. Also confirmed the London and manchester dates as going on sale later this morning. Didn't hear the exact dates, but they're in May between london and manchester
A. Mailliard writes:
from todays NYtimes via an arts blog Suzanne Vega writes for.

"I remember walking down the street one day, wearing a Smiths t-shirt, back in the mid-’80s. I was headed for the subway station, and I had to pass through a crowd of black teenagers to get there. There were maybe eight or so young men, looking me up and down as I picked my way through them. My neck prickled with worry. What would they say? Would they call me a goofy white girl, or worse?

One of them snickered. My stomach dropped. Then another one sang out, “I am human and I need to be loved!! Just like everybody else does!!” Morrissey’s transcendental lyrics from “How Soon Is Now?” It was so unexpected that I burst out laughing. They knew the song! Then we all laughed, and the tension was broken. Maybe we were the same tribe after all.
Today's News | December 6 | December 4  >

[ home | terms of service ]