posted by davidt on Thursday December 04 2008, @09:00AM
An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey Announces Short 2009 Tour - Xfm

Mozza will support his new album, ‘Years Of Refusal’, with a brief tour of the UK next year, playing one date in London, and two in Manchester, the birthplace of his former band The Smiths.

Morrissey's new album will be released on February 23, led by ther first single, 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'.

Tickets for the tour go on sale tomorrow (December 5) at 10am, and will be available via the Xfm Ticket Shop right here.

Morrissey’s UK dates –

Royal Albert Hall, London (May 11)
Apollo, Manchester (22/23)
---
James also writes:
Morrissey UK shows May 2009

Morrissey will perform at London's Royal Albert Hall on Monday 11th May
and two homecoming shows at the Manchester Apollo on Friday 22nd and
Saturday 23rd May, with special guest, Doll & The Kicks.

Morrissey's new studio album, "Years of Refusal", will be released on
16th February 2009 on Polydor preceded by the single "I'm Throwing My
Arms Around Paris" one week prior.

Tickets are on sale Friday 5th December @ 10am
---
Kewpie also sends the link (via Morrissey reddit), originally posted by Burnage and Maurice_E in the forums (original thread):

Celebration date for Morrissey - Manchester Evening News
---
crashandieuk also writes:
I Found this on Morrisseys Myspace website:

Morrissey UK shows May 2009

SJM Concerts are proud to announce three Morrissey UK shows for 2009.

Morrissey will perform at London's Royal Albert Hall on Monday 11th May and two homecoming shows at the Manchester Apollo on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd May, with special guest, Doll & The Kicks.

Tickets are on sale Friday 5th December @ 10am

May
Monday 11th - London Royal Albert Hall (0207 589 8212)
Friday 22nd - Manchester Apollo (0844 477 7677)
Saturday 23rd - Manchester Apollo (0844 477 7677)

Tickets are £42.50 / £37.50 / £30 London and £32.50 Manchester
Len Brown writes (in response to the thread started by Uncleskinny in the forums):
in response to questions on Morrissey Solo stuff about my interview with the Mobster on You Tube. It was recorded on April 4 1997, ahead of the release of Maladjusted. As detailed in the book, I shot the interview myself for The Brit Girls series I produced for Channel Four/Granada Television. A few gobbets of footage were used in The Brit Girls series - a clip about Marc Bolan was used in our documentary Dandy In The Underworld (Channel Four September 1997), available without my permission on T.Rex On TV! - but the actual interview lasted over an hour. I'll try and post another clip, shot in a different way, soon. It'll sound hopelessly unprofessional but, although I'm a TV producer, I hadn't actually used a camera like that before. So some of the interview is badly framed and of really poor quality, particularly the sound. Interestingly, Morrissey's comments about Cilla's accent were edited out of the episode of the Cilla Black programme (aka The Black Stuff) for reasons beyond my control!! Also I think I'm right in saying that "Stuff Cilla" appeared on one of The Smiths run-out grooves. Hence the question. Hope this helps? Best wishes, Len Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEutfuRq4uA

Kewpie posted in the forums:

Boz on BBC London Radio 5th December!!

Robert Elms just announced that Boz will be on his show tomorrow!

Tune in 94.9FM at noon or listen online http://bbc.co.uk/london
Kewpie sends the link (via Morrissey reddit):

Johnny Marr, Bono, Tom Waits pay tribute to music PR Rob Partridge - NME.com
PR oversaw Bob Marley, discovered U2 and helped start Mercury Prize
Today's News | December 5 | December 3  >

[ home | terms of service ]