posted by davidt on Monday December 01 2008, @11:00AM
Lars sends the image/info sent out by Universal Music:

Morrissey
"Years Of Refusal"
12 Tracks - 00:43:25
From the Album Years Of Refusal
on Polydor (UK)

In the mail it also said that the album would come out February 16th and that the first single would be "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" with a physical release of that February 9th.

Uncleskinny sends the link to his post in the forums (with scans):

Nice Smiths article in Best of 2008 UNCUT magazine

Words and photos by Tom Sheehan, many photos I think will have not been seen before by the majority of users here (fom 1984). They're also asking for people's memories of The Smiths on tour, saying they will publish the best.
Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by Jukebox Jury (via Morrissey reddit):

Smiths references in new Manchester City hooligan book

I was given a copy of this new Man City hooligan book and it contains a few Smiths quotes.
At the introduction, it says ''I am the sweet and tender hooligan and I swear that I'll never never do it again (and of course he wont, well not until the next time).

There is also a chapter, when the hooligan was in Strangeways during the riots, entitled (predictably..) 'Strangeways Here We Come'

There's also be the odd lyric thrown in during sentences that only a fan could pick out and I can't remember what they were right now but will post a few more up if I remember. Seems like the writer was a bit of a fan
Oh, at the acknowledgements, he says..'and to all those Blues who I ran with.... the pleasure, the privilage was mine'.

Here's the book info
http://www.empire-uk.com/sully.html

devout writes:
Came across this today:

We are delighted to announce that production on 'Mick Ronson - Access All Areas' is attracting serious industry interest.

We are working closely with the Ronson estate of on this fully authorised documentary, scheduled for completion in spring 2009.

An exciting and in depth look at this great musicians contribution to some of the classic albums and music of the late 20th century and his impact on the music scenes from Glam Rock, Punk and Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue and ever onward

from http://www.spontanuity.com/
Jukebox Jury writes:
The Vinyl Villain blog has produced the following piece as 'Part One' with other reviews promised over the next few Fridays.

Yet another series is launched at TVV....and the intention for the next few Fridays (not sure yet just how many), is to focus on songs recorded by Stephen Patrick Morrissey since he embarked on his solo career back in 1988.

Friday I'm In Love... With Morrissey (part 1) - The Vinyl Villain
An anonymous person writes:
The Brazilian website UOL is now polling the most important foreign album from the 80's and "The Queen is Dead" is currently placed 4th. Let's vote and make it #1.

This is the link:

http://polls.folha.com.br/poll/0833005/

Just select the album from the list and then click on the "VOTAR" button at the bottom. You'll immediately see you vote and the tally (% and number of votes for each album)
Today's News | December 2 | November 30  >

[ home | terms of service ]