posted by davidt on Thursday October 09 2008, @10:00AM
Rhino UK writes:
Hi There

I hope you don't mind me submitting this as a story but i thought you would like to know that the full details and artwork for The Smiths Singles Box has now been posted on rhino.co.uk. The box will be available in UK stores from 8th December but will be shipping from Rhino.co.uk 3 weeks early on the 17th November. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or queries.

Many Thanks

Singles & Box press release
Singles Boxset

www.rhino.co.uk offer: Get the Singles Box first from Rhino.co.uk! Not only will be shipping from 17th November, 3 weeks before it hits the shops, but the first 100 orders of the Singles Box will come with a free promo-only CD single of This Charming Man AND be entered into a draw to win a print of the cover image!

Rhino UK are proud to present “Singles Box”: a clamshell card box card box containing the first ten UK-issued singles in their original picture sleeves. What makes this particularly special is the two singles which are exclusive to this box set: These unique inclusions are the projected fourth single - “Still Ill” (which was pressed only as DJ promo “A” label) but was ultimately passed over and replaced by “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” along side the Dutch release of “The Headmaster Ritual” housed in it’s black & white “cowboy” sleeve – the rarest commercially issued Smiths’ single in any territory.

The box is completed with four contemporary badges, a poster featuring the single artworks as well as an authentication certificate that contains a unique redemption code for mp3 downloads of the tracks.

An absolute must have item for Smiths‘ fans, and limited to 10,000 copies only. All singles utilise the original production masters from the period.

The front cover image of the box was personally chosen by Morrissey. It features Joel Fabiani from the 1969 TV series "Department S", starring Peter Wyndgarde, Joel Fabiani and Rosemary Nicols.
---
Update: 10/11 14:49 GMT: An anonymous person notes in the comments the boxset is available for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk with a larger scan of the sleeve (uploaded here).
---
Related items:
AU Magazine sends the link:

Reader Meet Author (Pt.2) - I Heart AU
---
Len sends the link:

Now my head is full - Record Collector review
---
A. Nathaniel Standen writes:
Every day is like sunday - Smiths/Morrissey night in Montreal October 19th 2008

Korova 3908 St Laurent Blvd Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Join us for an evening of Smiths and Morrissey related fun. Dust off your NHS specs, put on your best cardigan, stuff a load of gladiolas down your back pocket and come out and find the one that you love and who loves you! Smiths and Morrissey Karaoke beginning at 10.30 dancing after.

No cover - just bring some flowers to wave about on the dance floor.
Today's News | October 10 | October 8  >

[ home | terms of service ]