posted by davidt on Tuesday October 07 2008, @10:00AM
Uncleskinny writes:
From the "GOALS" football pull-out section in The Sun (UK), Monday 6th October.

Pic here (from my scan) -

Original forum thread started by Bluebirds.
---
CJ also writes:
Jim White of the Daily Telegraph reports that former Smiths-frontman Morrissey now supports Millwall FC.

It suggests that he was spotted in LA sporting a Millwall shirt with 'mobster' printed on, and then proceeded to contact club officials to inquire about attending their home fixture against Leeds.l

Also on BBC Sport Football Gossip.
---
Tearsofbemusal also writes:
According to today's Daly Telegraph, Moz has been swanning around LA sporting a Millwall FC shirt, adorned with the word 'Mobster' on the back. They suggest that he's become an overnight supporter, but is it a nod to the Krays? I know that a Millwall mention appears in the Playboys video. I dunno...
---
An anonymous person also writes:
...Leeds v Millwall 'was' a fixture between two of the most hated clubs in the country, both clubs with reputation for violent fans.
Posted by joe frady in the forums:

JakeWalters.com update
Just stopped by http://jakewalters.com and there have been a couple of Morrissey photographs added. One you know (cover of 'That's How People Grow Up' cds/7"#1) and one you don't (a shot of Moz with Kate Mozzz naked driving in his car.......it's not what you think :) ) To find them you have to go to 'Archive' page 'one' and scroll along a bit. Unfortunately, no 'Hot Press' session out-takes as yet!

fut sends the links to the images/story:

it takes strength to be gentle and kind... - image of tattoo
see!.... - Morrissey signing arm

"so yesterday at work, we had an instore with chrissie hynde and james walbourne of the pretenders. among a smaller than expected crowd (which included paul cook of the sex pistols), was my friend szabo's hero..morrissey. apparently, he and chrissie are good friends. he has seen szabo many times while he shopped here or enjoyed a pint up the street at the cat and the fiddle, but yesterday she finally had the nerve to ask him to sign her arm. she ran up the street to true tattoo and an hour and a half later, showed me this. szabo is one the the kindest people i have ever met. to see her so happy and filled with elation was amazing."
Kewpie writes:
ju Suis Julie posted a link on "where is he right now?" in the general discussion forum (original post):

Another Day At Disney, A Night At The ‘Phair’ - Pink is the New Blog

Excerpt:

Thankfully, I managed to rally and get better by the time I had to get back to LA to see Liz Phair at The Troubadour last night. It was my first show at the venue and it was awesome. Liz performed her debut album Exile in Guyville in full (like she did in NYC earlier this summer) to a sold-out house … which included Morrissey himself watching from the VIP balcony. Sadly, I couldn’t snap any pics of him but I did get a few of and with Liz...
Torr sends the link:

Coma chameleons - Bay Windows

Q: How was the tour in Europe with Morrissey last year? He’s pretty infamous for being a bit of a diva on tour.

A: It was really good, we went in there, and we were honored. It was our first time overseas, and we wanted to do a good job and we tried to keep that whole mentality of, just do the job. We always put the fan part of us aside, and we turned into workers and with the whole Morrissey thing, we’d see him now and then, we’d say hello, but we pretty much stayed in our dressing room and got focused on, we’ve got 30 minutes to play so we better make it good, cause we’ve never been over here. But the last night on the tour in Paris he came to our dressing room, and gave us a bottle of champagne, and he was being really sweet and we talked for a little while, and to us, he’s a sweetheart and we were just very grateful that he invited us out on tour and we left on good terms.
Uncleskinny writes:
A team of fans called "The Suedeheads" got together earlier this year and appeared on the UK TV quiz show Eggheads. The presenter is Smiths-fan Jeremy Vine, who spoke up for Morrissey as the UK's Cultural Icon vote. Here's a picture of us all...

Jeremy Vine was great, he sang Jeane with me at the end of the show. The team consisted of forum members Uncleskinny (Peter), Almareallymatters (Tess), TLOTFamousIP (Kraig), Kitty3780 (Hayley) and JukeboxJury (Phill).
KiasuChick writes:
Morrissey & fans mentioned in this article about Palladium renovation:

The Hollywood Palladium gets a second wind - LA Times

Photo 1:
"Fans hold up their special "package" tickets that was to include all 10 nights of Morrissey's Palladium-closing stand last October, but two of the shows were canceled after a water pipe ruptured."

Photo 2:
"Morrissey reaches out to fans on the opening of what was to be a 10-night stand before the Palladium closed for renovations in 2007."

Today's News | October 8 | October 6  >

[ home | terms of service ]