posted by davidt on Thursday October 02 2008, @12:00PM
Kewpie sends the link posted by sweet and tender hooligan in the forums (original post):

Morrissey to play concerts in New Zealand and Australia in 2009 - true-to-you.net

2 October 2008

Morrissey will play his first concerts of 2009 in New Zealand. January shows are booked in Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Dunedin. From here, Morrissey will travel to Australia where concerts are booked in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
posted by davidt on Thursday October 02 2008, @12:00PM
An anonymous person sends the link / excerpt:

Race to the top - Montreal Mirror

M: I know you’re a Smiths fan, so I was going to ask you if this had anything to do with Morrissey’s early asexual phase.
RY: Oh, I should probably say that in future.
M: What’s that line? “The hills are alive with celibate cries.”
RY: Yeah. It’s so horrible when people aren’t givin’ it up.
posted by davidt on Thursday October 02 2008, @04:00AM
Stanley Ogden sends the link:

Morrissey now managed by Irving Azoff; Southpaw Grammar: Album re-issue release date and other information - true-to-you.net
1 October 2008

Morrissey is now managed by Irving Azoff, at 10866 Wilshire blvd, suite 250, Los Angeles CA 90024.

BMG have announced 26 January 2009 as the release date for the re-issued 'Southpaw grammar'.

Full track-listing is :

1 The Boy Racer
2 Do Your Best and Don't Worry
3 Reader Meet Author
4 Honey, You Know Where to Find Me
5 Dagenham Dave
6 Southpaw
7 Best Friend on the Payroll
8 Fantastic Bird
9 The Operation
10 The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils
11 You Should Have Been Nice to Me
12 Nobody Loves Us

The album also features new sleeve artwork by Anthony Lui, including previously unseen photographs by Linder Sterling. Anthony had also designed the sleeves for 'Ringleader of the Tormentors,' 'Live at Earls Court' and 'Greatest hits' plus the last eleven UK singles. Tracks 4, 8 and 11 of the new 'Southpaw grammar' are previously unreleased.
posted by davidt on Thursday October 02 2008, @04:00AM
Faloola Chong writes:
Came across this recent article via Towerload.

Free as a bird

Freshly-minted UK music sensation Sam Sparro talks to the Guardian today about being out and proud.

Says Sparro: "I've always thought, 'This is me, I'm happy with myself,' and so that's what I'm here to project. So that gay teenagers don't have to get the shit kicked out of them in school and think that they're a horrible person. It's easier to be an 'out' pop star today. Morrissey never came out, and Neil Tennant left it very, very late, whereas Jake Shears was open from the start."
Today's News | October 3 | October 1  >

[ home | terms of service ]