'Panic On The Streets' - New Book Released Today

Jukebox Jury

Retired
At last....here it is....

PANIC ON THE STREETS
The Smiths and Morrissey Location Guide by Phill Gatenby.

Following on from 'Morrissey's Manchester' in 2002, this new guide gives you an updated Manchester guide, a full London guide of over 70 related places (gig venues, places mentioned in lyrics, places used in videos etc) and a guide to Newport Pagnell!!!

Available from all good bookshops within the next few days - and probably some crap ones too - and online as follows (though amazon.com lists the book available from Sept 2007)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panic-Stree...6929232?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181306838&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Panic-Streets...3668705?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181307957&sr=8-2

There is an interview here with the author about the book
http://prettypettythieves.com/followers/london.htm

There will be an official launch / bash in August in London (details to follow).

Jukebox Jury

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Did Phil Gatenby say not too long ago that he was in the middle of putting together a "Morrissey's London"? Is this new book instead of that yes? Seems strange he would change his mind so soon after he announced it
EDIT: just read the interview :)

Last edited:
At last....here it is....

PANIC ON THE STREETS
The Smiths and Morrissey Location Guide by Phill Gatenby.

Following on from 'Morrissey's Manchester' in 2002, this new guide gives you an updated Manchester guide, a full London guide of over 70 related places (gig venues, places mentioned in lyrics, places used in videos etc) and a guide to Newport Pagnell!!!

Available from all good bookshops within the next few days - and probably some crap ones too - and online as follows (though amazon.com lists the book available from Sept 2007)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panic-Stree...6929232?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181306838&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Panic-Streets...3668705?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181307957&sr=8-2

There is an interview here with the author about the book
http://prettypettythieves.com/followers/london.htm

There will be an official launch / bash in August in London (details to follow).

Jukebox Jury

An official bashing eh? It can't be that bad. I'm quite looking forward to it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We're going to London in August! Hopefully shall be able to attend the bash, but if not should be able to visit a few places mentioned in the book, in between seeing The Sound of Music, Spamalot, Wicked, Lion King and Lord of the Rings. and Madame Tussaud's, I've heard it's crap nowadays?

love

GU

We're going to London in August! Hopefully shall be able to attend the bash, but if not should be able to visit a few places mentioned in the book, in between seeing The Sound of Music, Spamalot, Wicked, Lion King and Lord of the Rings. and Madame Tussaud's, I've heard it's crap nowadays?

love

GU

OMG......The Sound of Music....:eek: i am so jealous......The Lion King...Oooh.....I have never been to the big smoke, i will one day.

To the person who has posted on the main page, suggesting I am posting messages of support to myself, you are deluded.
I am unable to post messages on the main page due to my aol server 'hiding behind a firewall' or something I dont understand.
But thanks anyway.

Jukebox Jury aka Phill

To the person who has posted on the main page, suggesting I am posting messages of support to myself, you are deluded.
I am unable to post messages on the main page due to my aol server 'hiding behind a firewall' or something I dont understand.
But thanks anyway.

Jukebox Jury aka Phill

I wouldn't worry about it Phill - there's a lot of nutters around who can't accept that others support your venture. I, on the other hand, without even reading it (er...), already think it's a pile of shite. I hope it's good!

Peter

Well I'm gonna buy it...I have a coffee table with a wonky leg and it looks just the right size for proping up that sucker!!;)

In all seriousness....well done Phill...I look forward to reading it (when my free copy arrives in the post!:D)

COGRATLUATIONS mate on what I'm sure is a job WELL DONE!:)

The rumour is even i get a mention in this literary piece, so i will be buying that and i would imagine the other 119 pages will be good also ;-) As long as you weren't bladdered eh The Author? :p

I look forward to reading my complimentary copy! :D

I hope you remembered to get PRADA in there Phill; cos lets face it thats a Morrissey essential! Perhaps I could be of assistance with this part of the tour?!

Congratulations!

xxx

I look forward to reading my complimentary copy! :D

I hope you remembered to get PRADA in there Phill; cos lets face it thats a Morrissey essential! Perhaps I could be of assistance with this part of the tour?!

Congratulations!

xxx

A COMPLIMENTARY copy?!?! (in the style of the handbag line out of 'The Importance Of Being Ernest). I wonder what you had to do to get your dirty mitts on an advance...:eek:

Sounds awesome!:D
I'm hopefully going to London later this year and will take this with me. I want to go to that house on the Suedehead video.

Sounds awesome!:D
I'm hopefully going to London later this year and will take this with me. I want to go to that house on the Suedehead video.

That house at the beginning is the only thing I haven't seen.
I did the 'Suedehead' trip last year! It was amazing to talk to all the old ladies who run the museum, record shop, and other local haunts about when Morrissey was there. There is a display of pictures in the record store of the film crew, Morrissey in the street, Morrissey in the record store, Morrissey's signature in the lady's sign-in book for visitors, etc. w/ a construction paper headline "Morrissey Was Here" (I bought the 'Irish Blood, English Heart' and 'First of the Gang to Die' 7"s while I was there). I visited the Winslow house, the school, the church where James Dean's funeral services were held, James Dean's Grave, other Dean's/Winslow's graves, etc. etc. Things are a bit different since the 'Suedehead' video...the water tower is painted differently (it has James Dean & Garfield on it now) some of the street signs are different (modern) Fairmount, IN is still a must for Morrissey and James Dean fans and if you hurry, you might just find someone who remembers both of them like I did. Next stop, Salford!

I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question, but this new book does it contain the old version + some new stuff or is i "just" new stuff?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom