posted by davidt on Monday December 11 2006, @01:00PM
Roland writes:
Once a decade Morrissey appears on the front cover of a German magazine. To promote the current issue of the concert magazine "Boombox", the A5-sized magazine itself is displayed and sold with a larger cardboard cover - featuring a nice b/w Morrissey shot.

Inside is a round-up of the year (titled "In Moz we trust"; article in German though) and a preview of the Morrissey concerts in December. In lack of a scanner I took two pictures (front cover, inside).

The magazine also includes a DVD with "The first of the gang to die" taken from "Who put the M in Manchester", plus more importantly extracts from an interview with Morrissey. It's marked as a "Boombox Interview" but is in English so I'm not sure where it originates from. Surely someone will put it on youtube or so.

Boombox may or may not be available via their website www.boombox.tv - there's an order form ("Bestellung") but only for German addresses. Price is 7,50 Euro.
Johan de Witt writes:
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy has sold 6370 copies in the UK last week.
Ringleader of the Tormentors has now sold a cumulative 140,614 copies.

Full story from Music Week:

"Morrissey racks up his 45th Top 40 hit in all, his 29th solo and his fourth from current album Ringleader Of The Tormentors, as I Just Want To See The Boy Happy debuts at number 16 on sales of 6,370. It’s scheduled to be the last single from Ringleader Of The Tormentors, which is therefore unlikely to improve much on its current cume of 140,614 sales, a tally which increased by only 603 last week. It’s a step back from his 2004 triumph You Are The Quarry, which has so far sold 369,329 copies."

Joemoz writes:
I haven't got a link, but this morning I was watching BBC2 and they reported a story about how David Cameron was caught without a ticket when he tried to leave the tube station on his way to see Morrissey. The host went on to talk about how it was strange to hear about David Cameron going to a Morrissey show, considering "Margaret on the guillotine".
Derick Greene writes:
I must confess I don't know too much about Jeff aside from the fact that he played in the band Gameface way back when in the So Cal punk scene (that was in the process of changing to an emo scene for some bands, Gameface included, even though they hadn't heard the term yet). He also played in a friend's band (ICE) on the side around that time and I hadn't heard about him since.

Not a bad cover, overall. If only it were a studio recording...

Jeff Caudill' - The Ordinary Boys'
A Morrissey cover. Recorded on a Tascam 4-Track Porta Studio May 7, 2004 at some ridiculous hour in the AM. Sweetened a bit for your listening pleasure.
Today's News | December 12 | December 10  >

[ home | terms of service ]