posted by davidt on Sunday December 10 2006, @03:00PM
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Informative and interesting posts will be moderated up and highlighted. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
News posted by Danny in the general forum (original post).

"I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" has entered at #16 in the UK singles chart.

BBC Radio 1 - singles chart
WhatSheRead writes:
From Mark Simpson's blog:

'Living Icons’
Morrissey is one of the three finalists in BBC2’s ‘Living Icon’ middle-class popularity contest...
Requiescant Inpacce writes:
The Scottish newspapers The Daily Record and The Sunday mail have both given their opinions on the latest concert at the SECC.
Both papers gave the show 3 stars out of 5.

The short reviews read as follows:

The Daily Record:
"You can always rely on Morrissey for a good quote.
At his third Glasgow gig in six years, the ex-Smiths singer poked fun at the Carling Academy for smelling bad, changed the title of his song 'Every Day Is Like Sunday' to 'Everyday Is Like Dundee and, at one point, went topless.
It was classic Smiths songs - 'Girlfriend In A Coma', 'William, It Was Really Nothing', 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want' - that went down the best.
But it was 'How Soon Is Now' that suggested a Smiths reunion would be a perfect Christmas pressie for Moz's loyal band of quiff-hairstyled fans"
- Barry Gordon

The Sunday Mail reads:
"Morrissey ripped straight into Smiths favourite 'Panic' and there was no denying he is still a powerful performer. He preened and pouted his way through one of pop's most enviable back catalogues.
His band are fine on songs such as the explosive 'How Soon Is Now'. But their clumsy 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want' missed the mark by miles".
- Graham Lauder
Today's News | December 11 | December 9  >

[ home | terms of service ]