posted by davidt on Monday September 12 2005, @11:00AM
Comadre writes:
PETA's website has a link to Morrissey's acceptance speech at PETA's 25th Anniversary Gala this past weekend, for receiving the Linda McCartney Memorial Award.

http://peta25.com/gala-video.asp

It won't play on my computer so I haven't seen it yet. argh.
---
Related items:
iamragmar writes:
In Clash magazine issue 9 there was an interview with Frank Black on his latest album, but he said this of Morrissey:

Kim Taylor Bennett: You always said you would do a collaboration with Morrissey in a second. Have you ever met him?

Frnk Black:Yeah, I had tea with him. But that'll never happen. I don't think it would be his cup of tea. I said something in some old interview that I didn't like his first solo record. I was just young, talking shit. Apparently he reads all his press and saw that and he wasn't going to work with me. That's what I heard anyway. That's why we were having tea, because this other dude was trying to get us together to write some songs. But I think Morrissey was like "That's the guy who said that thing". I mean he didn't say that to me, he was a perfect gentleman. He had his reasons. I can't blame him. I feel bad. I don't know why I said anything; I don't know what I was talking about! I was probably stoned when I said it.
Cliffe writes:
I was at the Brian Jonestown Massacre show last night in Seattle and to my surprise, they played "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore." The band is notorious for getting into fights on stage, sacking members, and stopping shows early. And yes, "That Joke" was stopped halfway through -- but only because band leader Anton Newcombe broke a guitar string.

Brian Jonestown Massacre have recently gained popularity through the oft praised documentary DIG! which follows them and the Dandy Warhols though years of albums and tours. BJM have many records out, most of which are stunningly good.

Related links:

BJM website

DIG! movie website
---
[site sponsor]
Tony writes:

Morrissey/Smiths Night
Friday, September 16, 2005

9pm to 2am

Delilah's
2771 North Lincoln Avenue