posted by davidt on Friday September 09 2005, @12:00PM
Posted by Uncleskinny on the general board.

Full transcript of GQ Article/Interview

Here you go...

Transcript of Article/Interview in GQ magazine (October 2005 edition)
N.B - the fashion shoot was conducted in L.A in June 2005-09-09. The interview is part of a series of interviews with GQ’s award winners.

MORRISSEY
The former Smiths frontman has had “20 very odd years”: from indie outsider to LA’s least typical expat, via court battles and enjoying self-imposed exile. Fresh from a triumphant world tour (sic), and enjoying (yes, enjoying) solo success, GQ honours this charming man.

Story by Adrian Deevoy; Photographs by Simon Emmett; Styling by Tanya Gill

Update: 09/10 15:37 GMT: link to scans of article posted by Keely in the comments section.
---
posted by davidt on Friday September 09 2005, @10:00AM
WhyteGrrrl writes:
At http://www.libertalia.us You can see tour dates listed for Red Lightning! Dates include:

Red Lightning
Dec 1 US: CA, Los Angeles - Knitting Factory
Dec 3 US: AZ, Phoenix - Hollywood Alley tbc
Dec 4 US: TX, El Paso - Lucky Devils
Dec 6 US: TX, San Antonio - tbc
Dec 7 US: LA, New Orleans - tbc
Dec 8 US: LA, Baton Rouge - tbc
Dec 10 US: TX, Dallas - Gypsy Tea Room tbc
Dec 11 US: OK, Oklahoma City tba
Dec 17 US: CA, Los Angeles tba

The band is still looking for venues. You can contact Red Lightning's booking agent, James through www.redlightningmusic.com, for booking info.
Maurice E writes:
Lead singer from Kaiser Chiefs (probably biggest band in UK at the mo) is asked to recommend some music in the new issue of Word:

'The best album for me last year was Morrissey 'You are the Quarry'. Sometimes you listen to someone and think "F***ing hell, not only has he still got it, he's always had it and there's no chance of him losing it." Amazing'

Elsewhere in Word he's included in '30 best frontpersons':
"The onle star since Presley who's genuinely worthy of the term 'idol'. Now easing into middle age with an élan that's beyond any competitor".
OptimaX writes:
The Placebo Friend-band UNITED from Sweden played a live cover of "Jack The Ripper" by Morrissey on August 26 at The Atomic Café In Munich. United made the live performance of this song availble on their official webstie, tho the entire gig can be found at the all New United forum.

Official website: http://www.united-band.com
New United Forum: http://www.unitedforum.info
someraincoatedlovers sends the link:

The correct way to burn a Morrissey - The London News Review
September 07, 2005

Excerpt:

Morrissey did one last year, and it was pretty much what you'd have expected: New York Dolls, Ramones, Sparks, Patti Smith, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Ludus, Nico and Klaus Nomi all present and correct. Sure, there are some undiscovered gems, especially the excellent Cajun 'Saturday Night Special' by Lesa Cormier & The Sundown Playboys. But I've only listened to it all the way through about three times, and I'm a Morrissey nut. But now the good folks at Morrissey-solo have digged up a list Mozzer made for the NME in 1989 of "Singles To Be Cremated With". And it's fantastic. Here's the tracklisting:
---
Diggerz writes:
Listening to Janice Long on Radio 2 last night she played a song by Boz's new outfit, The OneThree. It was called 'Dive In' and Janice called it 'fantastic'. Anyway went onto The OneThree's website and album release and tracklisting are up there. Go Boz!
Spellbound writes:
Q Magazine are asking for votes (once again) for the Greatest Albums of all time.

You know what to do.
Guro writes:
I am doing a research project at the University of Oslo on fans of Morrissey and The Smiths. I am looking for fans from all over the world, all ages and genders to interview for this project. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].
Today's News | September 10 | September 8  >

[ home | terms of service ]