posted by davidt on Thursday April 14 2005, @09:00AM
Kent Brockman writes:

Alain Whyte of Morrissey's band returns to the stage after a brief break from performing. Whyte, currently in a Los Angeles recording studio with producer David Newton (Mighty Lemon Drops, Fonda, The Blood Arm,) is working on an album with his band, Red Lightening. Having co-written many of the songs on Morrissey's critically acclaimed and commercially successful album, "You Are The Quarry", Whyte now turns his focus towards his new band which draws influence from U2, The Clash, The Cult, The Smiths and Morrissey.

Backing Whyte are John DiMambro on Bass (Down by Law, Agent Orange, & Gentleman Jack Grisham of T.S.O.L.) and Milo Todesco (Down by Law) on drums.

A small break in the recording schedule has allowed time for a public outing of what Whyte and his band have been up to. Saturday, April 30th will be an intimate night with Alain Whyte and his band, Red Lightening at Zen Sushi. Their only U.S. appearance.

Place:
Zen Sushi
2609 Hyperion Ave.
Los Angeles (Silverlake), CA 90027
Price:
$10
Saturday April 30th
18+
Doors at 8 p.m.

Advance Tix
www.virtuous.com

Presented by
www.clubunderground.net
Patrick Noonan writes:

Here's the link.

Here's the text:

A fan on the Lloyd Cole website posted a question for Lloyd Cole and Lloyd in turn posted his response:

Q - lloyd, would you be kind enough to tell us if you were friends with morrissey circa 1984/85 or so?

A - He came to see the Commotions when we played an NME show on Tottenham Court Road in London, mid '84. He was as charming as you'd imagine. We were friendly for a year or two, he changed his phone number pretty much every month, I would have needed to pester his PR to keep in touch. I wasn't about to do that. I haven't seen him in almost 20 years.
Peter Wright sends details of his Smiths exhibition at 'The Iguana Bar' from April 9 in Chorlton.

flyer

Jeff writes:

Treble has published two new Morrissey-related articles!

Review of Live At Earls Court and a column about being a Latino Morrissey fan.
Brian J. writes:

On Wednesday night I was wathing MTV's "Next" (dont ask why) and they used "First of the Gang to Die" as the background song when the winner came out of the bus.
Today's News | April 15 | April 13  >

[ home | terms of service ]