posted by davidt on Thursday April 08 2004, @09:30PM
Benton sends:

'Somebody has to be me'

Morrissey loves his new album, his comeback show sold out in hours and he's been given London's Meltdown festival to curate. So why the long face? By Dorian Lynskey

Friday April 9, 2004 - The Guardian
---
Update: 04/09 14:25 GMT: Uncleskinny writes:

Here's the cover from the Guardian article today.

There are other pictures, but they are all stock pictures including the cover of My Early Burglary Years.

Click to enlarge

posted by davidt on Thursday April 08 2004, @10:00AM
Matthew writes:

I was searching around LimeWire and I found something interesting: It is a grainy .avi file of the Morrissey video shoot, "Irish Blood English Heart" (3.0 MB AVI file, right click to download. Also available at Mrs. Shankly's). The footage is about 30 seconds long and portrays a bystander's view of the taping process; shows set personnel, etc. plus the man himself (performing in front of the camera).
---
someraincoatedloverspunybrother writes:

Radio & Records - Alternative New & Active chart

Morrissey is the no. 1 most played of the newest songs played by radio stations.

Artist Title (Label) Plays Stations Adds
    Morrissey Irish Blood, English Heart (Sanctuary/SRG) 217 9 1
    Seether Broken (Wind-up) 203 18 5
    Stellastarr My Coco (RCA/RMG) 202 20 3
    Sugarcult Memory (Fearless/Artemis) 202 16 4
    Default Throw It All Away (TVT)

---
Torr Leonard also writes:

IBEH on 9 u.s. commercial "Alternative" stations, and goings for adds at 3 formats
The song is "goings for adds" this week at these format stations:
Alternative
Hot AC [Hot Adult Contemporary]
Triple A [Adult Album Alternative]

you can go to this link and choose each format, to find the station in your area.
You can then request them to play the song.

---
leedoggpimp writes:

According to Kroq's website, Morrissey's new single "Irish Blood,English heart" is #9 on it's Most Played List.
jtang writes:

This mention was in the NYPost, but mentions Entertainment Weekly.

BEYOND CURE

GET ready for a new rock rivalry: Robert Smith (above), singer for new wave heroes The Cure, sounds ready to pull fellow '80s icon Morrissey's pompadoured hair out. "He was constantly saying horrible things about [The Cure]," Smith sniffs to Entertainment Weekly. "In the end, I kind of snapped and started retaliating. And it turned into some kind of petty feud. I've never liked anything he's done musically, but I don't have any kind of strong feelings of animosity towards him as a person because I've never met him."
MontyClift writes:

Rhodri, of the underrated band The Free French, host of entertaining web site Timewasting.com, and freelance writer apparently assigned to review YATQ, reports that the record is "surprisingly good."

Also, as I'm sure many have noticed, Pitchfork recently reviewed IBEH and reported that the single "suggests the possibility that [the album] could be quite good."

---
mel writes:

here's a link to a rather insightful review of the album that someone from the Maladjusted list shared.

Anglo Plugging - You Are The Quarry review
Lio writes:

Morrissey "You Are A Quarry" new album, featuring the first single "Irish Blood, English Heart", listening party with giveaways. Come early to hear Morrissey's new album and receive some rare promotional material. We'll be playing a ton of Morrissey songs all night long, as well as old and new Brit/Indie bands.

Crashinin.com dance Party with Djs:
Oil(Kanine Records) and Scott(Other Music)
Saturday May 8
Rothko (116 Suffolk St. btw Rivington and Delancy, NYC)
9:00pm-4:00am
NO COVER!!!

check www.crashinin.com for more details
Biffy writes:

Me and some friends are hosting a preview listening / release party of You Are The Quarry at Bar Loose, Helsinki Finland 13.5 (with thanks to BMG Finland!) I myself heard the album last week, it's brilliant! Still on the party, entrance is free and it starts at 18.00, Morrissey and Smiths related music will be played til early hours and basically we're just hoping it'll be a good party. Welcome!
---
Update: 04/23 14:35 GMT: Biffy writes:

I posted a couple of weeks ago that we're arranging a You Are The Quarry preview listening party at Bar Loose 13.5. Well, it's relocated to We Got Beef! Same date though and starts at 19.00.

Sorry for any incovenience....
Today's News | April 10 | April 8  >

[ home | terms of service ]