posted by davidt on Saturday April 03 2004, @09:00AM
An anonymous person writes:

I worked as a background extra on Irish Blood, English Heart. The video was shot over two days in a converted studio in Glendale, California.

Morrissey wore a pristine, tailored white jacket, nice jeans and a white shirt. Also appearing were Alain, Gary, Boz, Dean, and brand new member on keyboards Mike (sorry I didn't get his last name.)

The setting of the video was like a private intimate rehearsal with about 60 "fans" in attendance. I use the term "fan" loosely because from what I could tell I'd say only about 20% of us were actual fans while the rest seemed more like casual observers who didn't fit the usual L.A. Morrissey fan profile. I'm puzzled as to why they didn't seek out a turnout of true die-hard fans.

Between takes, the band were very talkative to all in attendance. Morrissey himself would initiate conversation with us and was quite cheerful. One girl asked who Oliver Cromwell is/was. He playfully scolded her for not knowing and proceeded to give her a history lesson.

Alain in particular spent most of the time talking with background extras and playing little tidbits of songs on his guitar. He beamed with pride about "You Are The Quarry" and says that everyone is gonna love this album.

Mike, the new keyboard player, will be joining them on this tour making them a six-piece. I was told his most recent gig was with Macy Gray. He was brought to the band's attention through Dean. Dean is now sporting a mohawk haircut reminiscent of DeNiro's in Taxi Driver.

An all-vegeterian dinner was provided for all cast and crew.

---
An anonymous person also writes:

My friend just called because he was leaving a friend's house in Glendale when he notice a production of some sort, while inquiring he learned it was Morrissey filming a video for his latest single "Irish Blood, English Heart". An assortment of extras were hanging around the production, many were Morrissey fans. The location seemed to be a furniture store.
guiyaum writes:

It is confirmed that Morrissey will be at the Rock en Seine Festival, near Paris!

link to purchase tickets
2-J writes:

Over on eil.com, the online rare record store, they are listing a re-release of 'Southpaw Grammar', with a catalogue number 'BVCM-37508'. Usually these reissues are just extra pressings, like the UK 'Kill Uncle' last year, but eil.com are claiming that this is a 'digital remastering', and that it is 'scheduled to include rare bonus tracks'. It is supposed to be released on 26 May.

If you want to check it out for yourself, the link is: http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=282167
Ian writes:

Thought you might be interested to learn that the guest DJ for How Does It Feel To Be Loved?'s second birthday is Stephen Street.

He came down to the club in January and had a great time (pic) and we've managed to entice him behind the decks. This will be the first time he's ever DJ-ed apparently. Be great to hear what he decides to play.

Full details of the club are as follows:

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday April 16th
Buffalo Bar, underneath the Famous Cock Tavern, outside Highbury & Islington tube, London. 9pm-2am, three pounds admission.

Playlist:

The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle & Sebastian * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * The Stone Roses * Dexys Midnight Runners * The Four Tops * Dolly Parton * The Orchids

More info at http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
KenB writes:

Wil Wheaton has Smiths Referenecs on his home page: http://www.wilwheaton.net/

Articles entitled:
reel around the fountain
oscillate wildly
dazultra writes:

Moz is likened to Peter Stringfellow (!) on p.32 of The Guide (with the Saturday Guardian, UK)

talks about "toothing" - random sex with strangers on public transport initiated via mobile technology

apparently it allows 'social awkwardness (to be) erased by technology to the point where Morrissey and Peter Stringfellow become indistinct...'

Ha!
any comment?
Today's News | April 4 | April 2  >

[ home | terms of service ]