Your introduction to Morrissey

j funk

.co.uk
I was wondering how everyone got into Morrissey / The Smiths and when.

I'd obviously always known of them as I'd followed the Indie scene since secondary school, but it wasnt till a few years ago when I was 19/20 that I realised how great they were! How Soon Is Now came on when I was driving through Tooting on my way home from work, and I thought "Yeah, The Smiths have done a few good things" (This Charming Man and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now sprang to mind). So I went and got Hatfull Of Hollow and the love affair started from there. Then a year or so later I discovered one of my friends was into them too, at which point it intensified, I suppose due to my being able to obsess about Morrissey with someone, (in a totally heterosexual way)!

Also I was wondering if anyone is primarily into anything other than Rock.

Your stories please. (Yes this is a glorified A/S/L thread).

about 2 years ago i've downloaded lost and put it somewhere on a cd, thought it was ok, then couple of months later, i was little f***ed up and I suddenly thought of that song that I've only listen couple of times till then, I want to hear it again, then I found it was so beautiful and read about the band The Smiths, I really dídn't know any song of them, only knew their name, so I started downloading them, when I heard it I've not blown away by it, but I sentense that their was something special about that music that you've gotta learn listening, bigmouth and handsome devil were the songs I liked from start, so I listen and listen and then out of nowhere it really strucked me, I know it's over was the first song I kept listen over and over again....I'm so glad I've found them now! So I've got an experience, from knowing nothing, to get any song and yeah for me it sounded still fresh! Thanks to the internet I found them! For me it was just the music (voice also ofcourse)I was fascinating about, lyrics came later

Back
Top Bottom