Uncut: "When Exactly Do You Mean? - Growing pains: A Smiths miscellany and timeline" (next month)

FB_IMG_1709649175070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shameless money grab from Uncut. It's really time to start harping on about The Smiths and Morrissey.

Shameless money grab from Uncut. It's really time to start harping on about The Smiths and Morrissey.
I have loads of these special (meaning expensive) editions now, all the same, same old stories, same old people, same pictures, how modern acts now love the Smiths blah blah blah. A few years ago some of them would include Morrisseys solo output.
But not now, that would be tantamount to admitting you're a far right nazi.

The dig about Morrissey is in the first line, and then Mike Joyce writes the introduction. Travesty.

The dig about Morrissey is in the first line, and then Mike Joyce writes the introduction. Travesty.
Its strange really, out of everybody in the whole wide world who has known or dealt with or fallen out with Morrissey, you would expect Mike Joyce to be his biggest critic. But no, Mike is always very gracious and complimentary and he's not bothered that Moz hates him, but i dont recall Mike saying awful things back. I like him.

Its strange really, out of everybody in the whole wide world who has known or dealt with or fallen out with Morrissey, you would expect Mike Joyce to be his biggest critic. But no, Mike is always very gracious and complimentary and he's not bothered that Moz hates him, but i dont recall Mike saying awful things back. I like him.

maybe niceness out of guilt? I mean, I’d feel a bit guilty if I lied in court. I believe he did deny ever having the conversation with Marr and agreeing to the 10%.

maybe niceness out of guilt? I mean, I’d feel a bit guilty if I lied in court. I believe he did deny ever having the conversation with Marr and agreeing to the 10%.
What a sad state of affairs that court case was, our band, the impenetrable gang. Now just animosity and accusations and lies and bad feeling. It really was over.

Or a veil of niceness over a smirk of triumphalism? Grotesque.

Reading about the trial in Autobiography was a sad read. Very sad and frustrating.
If you've just read or are still reading the Autobiography, did you notice if Morrissey said where his father's family came from in Ireland? Besides Crumlin, where they lived before moving to Manchester? A lot more is written about his mother's background. Is that your impression?

If you've just read or are still reading the Autobiography, did you notice if Morrissey said where his father's family came from in Ireland? Besides Crumlin, where they lived before moving to Manchester? A lot more is written about his mother's background. Is that your impression?
I don't recall him talking about his father much in the book. It's has been months since I read it. I want to read it again, I think I'll start it today.

Why shouldn't the others have gotten more? I never understood this. Weren't the rulings based on applicable law? Were there any written contracts?

What are the main points of the Partnership Act 1890?
Each partner is entitled to participate in management, get an equal share of profit, an indemnity in respect of liabilities assumed in the course of business and the right to not be expelled by other partners. A partnership ends on the death of a partner, unless an agreement is made prior to the deaths.

Back
Top Bottom