1702527547128.png

Helena

1702527768929.png

1702526097546.png

Karen

1702528083770.png

1702527901701.png

to be continued...

Bar Christy and Paulina I met all of these models in the 90s when I worked in hotels in London. Karen was the most beautiful 'in the flesh' as it were. She was also the nicest, but sadly lost her mind when she was one of the first models to try and raise awareness of the amount of sex trafficking that went on in the industry, early Epstein vibes. Anyhoo the press made her out to be insane, but she was a really nice lady. Helena was super nice also.

If we are talking supermodels I really think Isabeli Fontana should make the list. Probably one of the most versatile and longest working models in the industry. I have no idea how Gisele became the biggest star from Brazil, but there you go, no accounting for taste I suppose.

isa.jpg

Bar Christy and Paulina I met all of these models in the 90s when I worked in hotels in London. Karen was the most beautiful 'in the flesh' as it were. She was also the nicest, but sadly lost her mind when she was one of the first models to try and raise awareness of the amount of sex trafficking that went on in the industry, early Epstein vibes. Anyhoo the press made her out to be insane, but she was a really nice lady. Helena was super nice also.

If we are talking supermodels I really think Isabeli Fontana should make the list. Probably one of the most versatile and longest working models in the industry. I have no idea how Gisele became the biggest star from Brazil, but there you go, no accounting for taste I suppose.

View attachment 98934
noooo, gisele is incredible looking! but i prefered her when she first came on the scene, before she became all victoria's secret. she was very innocent and natural looking.

isabeli is beautiful too!

this was just a poll for the ORIGINAL 80/90s supermodels though, and i dont consider the ones who came in the late 90's to be part of that brigade even if the late 90's/early 00's models are my favourites!

nadja must've been incredible looking the in the flesh too, no?

I saw Nadja Auermann a few times when she dated Markus Schenkenberg (the Schenkenbergs were living on the same street as my friend's parents). Markus and Nadja came over to borrow something from my friend's dad, and he gave it to them, and we exchanged a few words, and after they left my friend's dad - not knowing who Nadja Auermann was - shook his head and said "Oh my, did you see that girl? Is she ill? He could do so much better!" :lbf:

That's funny, I would've thought nadja could do better than him. Just looked him up, what a goofy looking dude. They must've made an odd pair. Nadja is glorious. What a pristine face.

noooo, gisele is incredible looking! but i prefered her when she first came on the scene, before she became all victoria's secret. she was very innocent and natural looking.

isabeli is beautiful too!

this was just a poll for the ORIGINAL 80/90s supermodels though, and i dont consider the ones who came in the late 90's to be part of that brigade even if the late 90's/early 00's models are my favourites!

nadja must've been incredible looking the in the flesh too, no?
She was, they all were. Carla Bruni was walking sex. No wonder she made so many men go crazy for her, but Karen had this really ethereal vibe about her.

I'll never forget one night she was checking in quite late, around 10.30 and a friend of mine form Uni was over from NZ for a month for the English summer. He had just swung around to the hotel (this one was The Halcyon) and he had just stopped by reception when Karen arrived. By this stage I knew her quite well as I always seemed to be on duty when she arrived and we'd often chat about this and that. So she greets me by name and gives me that very Continental kiss on both cheeks. His face I can still picture to this day, he was like 'so you get paid to do this?' :lbf: :lbf:

That's funny, I would've thought nadja could do better than him. Just looked him up, what a goofy looking dude. They must've made an odd pair. Nadja is glorious. What a pristine face.
Wot da fuk are you talking about? Markus was the biggest male model in the world at time.

It’s true, he was.

I did like Nadja’s look, always thought she was a great model, but I think she is one of those people who photograph really well and are not so stunning in real life, like *ahem* Neil Codling. :grimacing:

I voted for Christy because Christy will always be my great model love ❤️ but I like them all (except for Cindy Crawford who I always thought looked more like a Playboy model than a fashion model and Claudia Schiffer who is hideous).

Carla and Helena and Karen and Linda were all amazing!!!

She was, they all were. Carla Bruni was walking sex. No wonder she made so many men go crazy for her, but Karen had this really ethereal vibe about her.

I'll never forget one night she was checking in quite late, around 10.30 and a friend of mine form Uni was over from NZ for a month for the English summer. He had just swung around to the hotel (this one was The Halcyon) and he had just stopped by reception when Karen arrived. By this stage I knew her quite well as I always seemed to be on duty when she arrived and we'd often chat about this and that. So she greets me by name and gives me that very Continental kiss on both cheeks. His face I can still picture to this day, he was like 'so you get paid to do this?' :lbf: :lbf:
How did you know who they were on sight pre-internet? I mean the ones like Karen and Carla, who, unlike Claudia and Cindy, weren't household names? Did you read women's fashion magazines? :p

I voted for Christy because Christy will always be my great model love ❤️ but I like them all (except for Cindy Crawford who I always thought looked more like a Playboy model than a fashion model and Claudia Schiffer who is hideous).

Carla and Helena and Karen and Linda were all amazing!!!
And paulina!!!!! Though it's a shame her behavior these days is so embarrassing :(

I do love Claudia Schiffer though.

And while Linda doesn't have my FAVORITE face, she takes the absolute best pictures, making it clear why she's the undisputed best supermodel of all time.

Cindy wasn't really my type, but she had a few good moments. that Pepsi commercial was pretty memorable.

The only one I find a bit blah is Carla bruni.

How did you know who they were on sight pre-internet? I mean the ones like Karen and Carla, who, unlike Claudia and Cindy, weren't household names? Did you read women's fashion magazines? :p
I read a lot of Vogue as a kid, LOL

What’s funny is the notion there’s anything “super” about these gangly, bony, gargantuan skeletor freaks in ridiculous outfits. (Sorry, but my wiener made me say it).
I agree. None particularly appeal to me.
Need a little more meat on the bones 🍖

Back
Top Bottom