The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think speaking up against animal torture or abuse is a tad different. This is just a politician holding a rally.
So where's the harm then? If he's "just a politician holding a rally", no one will derive anything from Johnny's post. Now go back to saying Trump is so "punk rock"...

I don't live in the USA and I'm not a US citizen - but in a choice between Trump and Demented Joe I would choose Trump any time. His support amongst Latino voters and women voters is soaring. Seems Latino voters don't like their kids being indoctrinated in school with trans ideology. It's over for Joe - time to go and have a long nap.
I'd vote for Trump in a New York minute! Is it difficult to get U.S citizenship? I might have to look into it.

This band of camp, vegetarian book worms and pop nerds is the least Trump-y band in history. He’s more of a Kid Rock kind of guy.

No word on Central yet?
Do you think any's really needed now? The horse has bolted. If it comes, I hope it's a rude riddle, something brief and quirky 🙃

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Good for Trump
He is very much like Moz in terms of personality disorder . They act and deflect in a similar way
Johnny is too obvious , who would he rather have in “Butcher Biden “ who is rejected by Ireland . If Johnny and Y’all care about the uk you should hope Trump gets in
Biden and the Dems hate the Uk, Trump will give trade deal the dems refuse to give

can someone explain how johnboy is going to shut this shit right down right now,is he going to contact trumps people to say stop playing the smiths,is he going to threaten them with a lawyers letter,i am curious to see what he can do.
please please please is hardly a toe tapper,the old folks of hick town america might think its willie nelson and politely clap at the end.

I don't think he did it to outsmart Morrissey. He just speaks his mind as with the David Cameron thing and I'm absolutely here for it. If Morrissey stays quiet, that's his business.
Ironically, Johnny's tweet about David Cameron resulted in a message of public support from Morrissey on True To You, which was the last time the two of them seemed to be in agreement. Maybe something similar can happen here, and their dislike for the Tango man can result in a united front for a change? :unsure:

Can someone tell JM to sit the f*** down, they’re not playing the song because of the mandolin solo, they like it for the same reason most people like The Smiths, because of Morrissey’s words, voice, and vocal melodies.

Poor Moz, no mention in this article again. He should speak up, social media comments mostly assume that Morrissey is a Trump supporter.

‘social media’ lol. I think they already assume much worse about him. He’ll be fine.

can someone explain how johnboy is going to shut this shit right down right now,is he going to contact trumps people to say stop playing the smiths,is he going to threaten them with a lawyers letter,i am curious to see what he can do.
please please please is hardly a toe tapper,the old folks of hick town america might think its willie nelson and politely clap at the end.

Artists have stopped politicians before from using their music for campaigns.

Does anyone know if any other artists have complained about their song being used? And it would be interesting to see in context what the other songs are.

Does Trump even listen to music?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom