The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 167: SUEDEHEAD

How do you rate Suedehead?

• Total voters
7, but, in retrospect, perhaps it deserves an 8.
It is one of the best tracks on Viva Hate but I am not in love with it.

A fairly decent Morrissey single, but judging by this poll, very overrated. It's good, but it's certainly not one of his best. 7/10.

Yeah, it was great hearing it for the very first time and a big relief. I'd like to hear some more tunes like this today. The video as you all know, was shot in the beautiful town of Fairmount, Indiana. I've been there twice and they have photos of Morrissey's visit in some of the bars/shops. 10 from me. :D

Yeah, it was great hearing it for the very first time and a big relief. I'd like to hear some more tunes like this today. The video as you all know, was shot in the beautiful town of Fairmount, Indiana. I've been there twice and they have photos of Morrissey's visit in some of the bars/shops. 10 from me. :D

In the video he's seen writing the words 'YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN' on the school board.
I've often wondered: Was that a reference to a book (There's a Thomas Wolfe-novel called 'You Can't Go Home Again') or is it some other reference, perhaps to James Dean?

The whole thing is steeped in sexual innuendo:

"Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me"

I agree with the earlier post, the Beethoven version is superb.

The whole thing is steeped in sexual innuendo:

"Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me"

I agree with the earlier post, the Beethoven version is superb.

wow, i never thought of it like that, and my mind is almost always in the gutter

Back
Top Bottom