The Bullfighter Dies - full audio

"Brave" and "coward" don't mean the same things as they did last century, in any case. "Brave" is now pretty much a synonym for "ill", as in "The bravest woman I have ever met was Jade Goody". A coward is anyone who commits and act of violence that you're not in favour of.

If I may also add here, my spanish friend informs me that even if the bull does survive, it isn't sent to some bovine retirement home.
It still ends up in a bap.
By the way, this song is bloody awful. Shame about that.

Your friend is correct; I have witnessed this myself.

now we have:
Bullfighter dies (Live arrangement), (Spotify version), (iTunes version), (VEVO version), (Spoken version)

World peace is none. . . (Live arrangement), (Single edit version), (spoken version), (full album version)

Istanbul (Live arrangement) (Single edit version), (Album version)

Earth is the loneliest planet (Live version), (Album version)

So Morrissey. . .

Good point! Of course you, and all Morrissey-Solo readers, are intelligent enough to understand that I meant the song with its poor and misinformed lyrics (he did not mention Salamanca...). Also, I understand and agree that bullfighting is cruel and, worst of all, sometimes a little boring. You can despise it and I will understand your arguments, but there you are not right. Bullfighting is bravery. Try to approach a bull less than two meters, not to say touch it... I do not care about bullfighting, I do not support neither attack it, but saying that the bullfighter is coward is simply not an argument. There are thousands, but not that one.

You have just described stupidity, not bravery. Real bravery is risking your life for the benefit of yourself or others in order to achieve some goal that may seem insurmountable.

Putting yourself in front of a bull is about as stupid as the crocodile hunter Steve Irwin jumping into the water with a Sting Ray. It's no more brave than Jackass.

Last edited:
If I may also add here, my spanish friend informs me that even if the bull does survive, it isn't sent to some bovine retirement home.

Not always. If it kills the bullfigther it is surely put to death by another one. But if it is spared at the public's demand because it is noble and brave (you'll agree the bull can be brave) it enjoys a long lasting life of grass eating, relaxing under the clear blue sky and, mainly, sexual intercourse with cows.

"ending up in a bap" that's what they do in Portugal.

You have just described stupidity, not bravery. Real bravery is risking your live for the benefit of yourself or others in order to achieve some goal that may seem insurmountable.

The best definition of bullfighting I have ever read. Thanks.

Neither is Frankly, Mr Shankly. Gosh are we starting to turn on the Smiths catalogue here?

I am waiting for the "I used to like Morrissey, but he hasn't done anything good since the Noosebleeds" posts to begin. :rolleyes:

This made me laugh so hard, so thanks for brightening my day. It's been a rough couple of months, worsened by Morrissey cancellations, then a dead "Young One". Will the tragedy never end?

lynnda

Not always. If it kills the bullfigther it is surely put to death by another one. But if it is spared at the public's demand because it is noble and brave (you'll agree the bull can be brave) it enjoys a long lasting life of grass eating, relaxing under the clear blue sky and, mainly, sexual intercourse with cows.

Are you quite sure about that?
It sounds very unlikely.
My spanish friends account sounds much more realistic.

Your friend is correct; I have witnessed this myself.

This is a bit of a literal understanding of the song - does this mean that Morrissey also means that the cow, in Kick the Bride..., actually knows more than the bride ? All I thinking he was hoping to do was to raise the topic of bullfighting in a quick pop song.

If you don't consider the third activity, it sounds like Morrissey's dream life.

Are you quite sure about that?
It sounds very unlikely.
My spanish friends account sounds much more realistic.

It's true. They have this thing where people wave a hanky if they want the bull to be spared. There's a sort of ceremonial boss of the fight and if he sees enough hankies the bull gets sent to stud.

I don't think it is very common because, contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants the bull to survive.

A bap ? rrrrrhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! " WHATS WRONG WITH BIG TOMATOES "

I can't believe people are moaning about the production, when the song itself is so piss-poor, especially with that crap Bolan pastiche refrain.

The only reason you all love this song is because you love ANYTHING that Morrissey sings. The truth is this song is utter shite. Who gives a rat's ass about some random bullfighter? Whatever happened to "the songs that saved your life"? Morrissey once sang that "the music they constantly play says nothing to me about my life". Well now he's writing shit that means nothing to nobody.

The only reason you all love this song is because you love ANYTHING that Morrissey sings. The truth is this song is utter shite. Who gives a rat's ass about some random bullfighter? Whatever happened to "the songs that saved your life"? Morrissey once sang that "the music they constantly play says nothing to me about my life". Well now he's writing shit that means nothing to nobody.

Seriously?
We'll, I never had girlfriend in a coma, saw a vicar in a tutu, Or indeed Jack the Ripper. However I've noticed that some girls are bigger than others.

now we have:
Bullfighter dies (Live arrangement), (Spotify version), (iTunes version), (VEVO version)

Really? They're all different?

I remember the Q review of the 1988-1991 singles box lamented the arrival of Mark E. Nevin and "his bastard accordion." This accordion is more of a bastard.

Eh? No songs by Mark E Nevin for Morrissey have an accordion on AFAIK, either in the singles box or generally.

Eh? No songs by Mark E Nevin for Morrissey have an accordion on AFAIK, either in the singles box or generally.

He's thinking of Get Off the Stage, written by Andy Rourke apparently.

Kevin Armstrong (guitar), Andy Rourke (bass) and Andrew Paresi (drums), with a special appearance from Suggs who sings backing vocals. No mention of accordion or mandolin.

RE the lyrics: anyone get the feeling someone is sifting through the old notebooks looking for anything usable and here we hit age 12?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom