songs linked with your life

zither

well everybody, I was singing along TROUBLE LOVES ME and I knew while I was singing that THAT particular song moved me so much cuz is linked with my own experience in this particular moment of my life. I'd say that it can be even linked with my future, i'm about to leave for London and, you know, "go to Soho...".
why don't you share with us which song of his amazing catalogue is particulary linked with a moment of your life, which one describes best what happend to you...

HSIN? totally says it ALL ABOUT ME. Even about the bloody club! So true.
Not original, I know, but that's just the way it is. FACT.

i would mention a most if not all the smiths' songs
but this one is too close to bone
Back To The Old House (peel version)

hool' said:
i would mention a most if not all the smiths' songs
but this one is too close to bone
Back To The Old House (peel version)
I thought, I've seen you somewhere...:)

So many!

What Difference Does It Make?
Reel Around The Fountain
How Soon Is Now?
Panic
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
My Love Life

The list is old, I know, but it goes on...:p

mine is asian rut. i think the song is just about me. except i am not on drugs

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, How Soon Is Now? and What She Said were actually written about my life. No, they ACTUALLY were.

There are a lot of songs that are linked with my life, of course - many that remind me of specific moments or experiences, etc. But as for the one 'about' me, it's

Sister, I'm a Poet. I talk loudly about the books I read, I hide the words I actually feel - with no reason but still. And 'long long alone, waiting at the light, but not this time' - god, how DID he know?

love, math+

Seasick, Yet Still Docked

And you can tell I have never really loved
You can tell, by the way, I sleep all day

Pretty much the whole of that song.. and so many others. But let's not make too many confessions at once!

Sister said:
I thought, I've seen you somewhere...:)

possibly maybe )
was'nt it poor me standing god-forsaken by the wall at the same club that your attended?

and another song (now from the Moz & Th'Lads years) that linked utterly and scarily with me is Southpaw

Accept yourself-

"I am sick and I am dull
And I am plain
How dearly I'd love to get carried away "

What differnece does it make?
There is a light that never goes out
The more you ignore me...

And the list goes on...

Last edited:
dakpul said:
mine is asian rut. i think the song is just about me. except i am not on drugs

And, erm, you're still alive/haven't been beaten up.

you can't only choose one of course, but one thing automatically comes to mind for me and that is November Spawned A Monster.
i was born in November, so that explains it.

I really attached to In the Future When All is Well over this past school year. I cannot mention how these past nine months has challenged me mentally, physically, and spiritually. I would begin my drive home listening to this song knowing that there had to be something better down the road! :o

zom

Oh there are so many! Suedehead (my last crush)
How soon is now (for everytime I go out to the pub and drink too much and meet noone)
The Queen is Dead ( realising I hated that my husband was a monarchist)
November Spawned a Monster - thinking about how cool Morrissey is and that he is a feminist.
Last night I dreamt somebody loved me - Listened to when my Mum died. Knew my marriage was piss.
I know it's over - Same as above
Now my heart is full - all the therapy I've ever been to!
The World is full of Crashing Bores - Only Morrissey could say it so well.

Back
Top Bottom