Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: 500 Songs That Shaped Rock Music

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
There is one Smiths song on the list...can you guess which one it is?

Interesting list here.

Bizarre choice! I thought for sure it would be "How Soon Is Now?" with an outside chance of "This Charming Man".

My stalwart confidence in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is now shaken.

Bizarre choice! I thought for sure it would be "How Soon Is Now?" with an outside chance of "This Charming Man".

My stalwart confidence in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is now shaken.

I never had any confidence in them to begin with

There is one Smiths song on the list...can you guess which one it is?

Interesting list here.

Wouldn't have guessed that one.

videoouija02.jpg

That is the song that non-Smiths fans see as the one which sums up the band. Strange choice

Good thing MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" made the list, or else I would have questioned the editor's intelligence.

It did pave the way for all musical theft by uninspired and untalented artists ever since...

To think something actually makes me feel sorry for Rick James

The link won`t open for me.someone please tell me what it is.Thanks.:)

No, no, no, musical theft was around for a long time before "U Can't Touch This," and certainly isn't limited to untalented artists.

Oh true...but it did open the floodgates...

And Borrowing/Adapting a la...Rusholme Ruffians..etc....invokes a degree of respect that sampling will never have

The link won`t open for me.someone please tell me what it is.Thanks.:)

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. I think I remember seeing another list of 500 songs of some kind somewhere that listed William in there, which also surprised me.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. I think I remember seeing another list of 500 songs of some kind somewhere that listed William in there, which also surprised me.

:mad:they would pick that!!Always like to label hima s morose etc.:(

:mad:they would pick that!!Always like to label hima s morose etc.:(

And what irritates me about that is that 'Heaven Knows' is actually humorous and not sad. You want to stereotype Morrissey as depressing, go to a song like 'I Know It's Over', don't pick something tongue-in-cheek.

You guys are being way too sensitive. "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable" now is a great song, and in many ways a quintessential Smiths song - it has soaring Marr guitars, great Moz vocals and great Moz wit. They aren't saying Moz is "morose" or anything like that. They are saying "Heaven Knows..." is a great song. You people would be bullshit if it were "How Soon Is Now?" ("That song doesn't even sound like the Smiths!") and if there were no Smiths songs, you'd recite the Morrissey party line about "never being played on the radio." I for one am glad that they picked a Smiths song, and that they picked one that I wouldn't have expected. It just happens to be one of my favorite Smiths tunes. :)

Back
Top Bottom