Reality-TV

yes. the more humiliation, the better. I watch "The Pickup Artist" through my fingers cuz its just that painful, but I can't help myself.

Mystery is god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like his furry hats. :)

ps. i like reality tv- see my blog!

The Pickup Artist is great, Mrs Eyebrow showed it to me the other night and it was amazing. I can't believe that Mystery guy! Apart from that I'm pretty bad for reality TV, I live for BB when it comes around and all the reality shows on Five are good. I can't see why anyone would bother themselves to get annoyed about such shows, it's all a bit of harmless fun. *kicks a child*

You moaned THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. that's ms. virginmary-eyebrow.

based on humiliation of the contenders.

They sign waivers that it's okay to be humilated ($$$) and for us to watch. ;)

I agree that there is way too much reality TV nowadays. I like to watch a few, but I'm honestly sick of the trend. I remember watching & really liking the first couple of seasons of Real World and Road Rules on MTV...I think that's when reality TV really got started.

I watched about 20 minutes of that the other day. I have a hard time watching that. i start to choke up every 5 minutes. I'm such a baby! I always feel so bad for them. that chick from the first season of American Idol, when she was talking about her mom dying. ughh....cant take it. :o

Yeah, that's sad, she probably blames herself for her Mom's death. Poor kid has some extra baggage to haul.

How about Steven Adler... how F'd up do you have to be to get kicked out of Guns N Roses for drugs?! :eek: And how do you like that not only is Jeff Conaway back (I like him), but his girlfriend is with him this time!! I hate her. :mad:

again, I heart DD :)

Dr.jpg

Just watched the interview via youtube where Morrissey shares his opinion about reality-TV among other things. He really nails the point threre about how this reality TV-show crap that has invaded our televisions (Idol, Talent, Big Brother.. etc.) is based on humiliation of the contenders. The point of this thread (I think) is to ask you soloers, does anybody here actually watch/enjoy these kind of shows?

Feel free to share opinions. :guitar:

I watch Project Runway, and sometimes The Amazing Race & Survivor.... not a huge tv watcher, eccept for cable news....

My favorite reality tv show is Big Brother. Love it cause it's live and viewable 24/7 on the net, so producers can try to spoon feed us their crap, but we know what's really happening and not the BS they try to portray on the tv show sometimes...

Plus the drama never ends online, it keeps going and going year round, even months after the show has ended <333 This past season aftermath has been kinda dull tho... booo! :mad:

I don't watch reality television really. I used to watch big brother back in the day when it was still sort of a social experiment, the last 5 or whatever have been filled with fame hungry, vacuous morons :mad: They just clog the airwaves

I don't watch reality television really. I used to watch big brother back in the day when it was still sort of a social experiment, the last 5 or whatever have been filled with fame hungry, vacuous morons :mad: They just clog the airwaves

We get those fame-hungry delusional morons here too, but it's a good thing in a way because it's deliciously fun and enjoyable to bash the shit out of them for 3 whole months while they on the show, and after.... :guitar:

I like the Project Runway type of shows where they're based (somewhat) on talent - even though they are still very staged and not really "reality." I also like Little People, Big World because the people are actually likeable. I avoid the kid-centric shows cause I have enough kids in my real life.

I don't like the Flavor Flav, Celebrity Blah Blah, Real World, vacuous crap.

But I do have guilty pleasures like Cops, Dog, and Judge Judy when I'm exhausted and just want to chill and not think anymore. I like to marvel at the variety of characters we have in this world.

And P.S. - has anyone watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta? Oh my! I can't believe those women are "real." I could never hang with them, I'd be so bored. It's terrible.

And P.S. - has anyone watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta? Oh my! I can't believe those women are "real." I could never hang with them, I'd be so bored. It's terrible.

My god!! I watched that shit one time when waiting for Project Runway to come on, and it was so awful... those bitches should be forced to work fast food for the rest of their lives for beeing so materialistic & c***y :cool:

PS: Kenley got robbed :(

I sooo didn't like her. YOU DO NOT DISS TIM!

But I liked her retro style.

And I have to say I liked her collection best at Hyde Park. It was the most wearable.

But the chick who won was more innovative.

That's why I think she was robbed, cause IMO her collection was the best. I like her style.. and yes, she was a major bitch from hell to Tim and the others, but on this show I root for the most talented... for personality and sex appeal I watch other shows that require zero talent :p

They sign waivers that it's okay to be humilated ($$$) and for us to watch. ;)

I agree that there is way too much reality TV nowadays. I like to watch a few, but I'm honestly sick of the trend. I remember watching & really liking the first couple of seasons of Real World and Road Rules on MTV...I think that's when reality TV really got started.

Yeah, that's sad, she probably blames herself for her Mom's death. Poor kid has some extra baggage to haul.

How about Steven Adler... how F'd up do you have to be to get kicked out of Guns N Roses for drugs?! :eek: And how do you like that not only is Jeff Conaway back (I like him), but his girlfriend is with him this time!! I hate her. :mad:

again, I heart DD :)

Dr.jpg

I have a reality-tv crush on Dr. Drew.

and I love reality tv (VH1 has the best/worst kind). I don't need a life that much. :p

Back
Top Bottom