Primal Scream / Bobby Gillespie being complete ****s

BookishBoy

This is a desperately sad read, written by the son of Martin Duffy (Felt, Primal Scream) who died in December last year.

I think we all know that Morrissey can be a bit of a **** when it comes to money and bandmates, but this behaviour from Bobby Gillespie seems to take it to a whole other level...

Just read it, what a bunch of cold hearted, tight fisted wankers. I now like primal scream much less than i did 5 minutes ago.

That is incredibly sad.
I don't know the intricacies of the arrangements or how Gillespie tried to justify them (and I wouldn't like to be him right now) - but from that statement it reads very, very much like there was a point in time where the band simply wrote Duffy off as a drunk and took advantage of how desperate the booze made him, making his slice of the pie gradually smaller and smaller until there was nothing.
"It's not worth the solicitor's fees.." - how convenient, when they likely knew that he could not afford the solicitor's fees in the first place.

19 year old son is angry about his dad's sad death due to his addiction

That is incredibly sad.
I don't know the intricacies of the arrangements or how Gillespie tried to justify them (and I wouldn't like to be him right now) - but from that statement it reads very, very much like there was a point in time where the band simply wrote Duffy off as a drunk and took advantage of how desperate the booze made him, making his slice of the pie gradually smaller and smaller until there was nothing.
"It's not worth the solicitor's fees.." - how convenient, when they likely knew that he could not afford the solicitor's fees in the first place.

You can look up the bands publicly available accounts at Companies House if you want. It's all there in black & white. Innes and Gillespie sitting on a ton of money - more than they ever need - whilst their keyboardist of over 30 years, and frankly, as integral to the bands chemistry as anyone was paid by the day like a member of the temp staff, and shut out of the payday.

They also royally screwed over Thrash (ex-The Orb) who they promised 1 point of Screamadelica royalties and conveniently lost the contracts when he didn't have enough money to get legal on them about it.

Back
Top Bottom