On Vacation

¡Oye Amigos!
I've packed my bags, deleted 'Vauxhall And I' and put 'ABBA Gold' on my iPod...
Something of value might be lost, but I'll give up my job for a while to squander my cash in some northern italian seaside towns...
...maybe here:
http://www.hotelsplendido.com/web/ospl/ospl_a1a_splash.jsp
Ehrm.., maybe not.

Have fun while I'm away,
Adiós

ya know el manzo, i have been wondering how this trip of yours went?
you never reported back once you returned...
you made it sound so perfect too!
please do tell....................:)

ya know el manzo, i have been wondering how this trip of yours went?
you never reported back once you returned...
you made it sound so perfect too!
please do tell....................:)

It was OK. I slept a lot, and ate a lot. The only problem was bad weather.
I was in a northern italian seaside town for ten days, and I counted something like 2-3 days of sun. :mad:
Look at the sky in the first picture.

Then I went for a couple of days up in the mountains, near the border with Switzerland. What was I doing there? Basically walking, walking, walking for hours, without meeting a single human being and enjoying those beautiful places...

I first wanted, but I couldn't leave home my iPod.
That's all...

Last edited:
^ sorry the weather was uncooperative, but that first pic still looks like shangri-la to me... And with your second pic, you look like you were very contemplative...i guess that went right along with all the walking and not encountering a soul!

nice pics...thanx!

how many times did you listen to abba gold while doing all that walking? (hope you had some place to recharge the battery while covering those mountains :D)

So, mjp, now you're back again, can we expect lots of stories and holiday lovers? And pics? :D

Wolve, thanks for feining interest in me for a little longer :p .

Well, stories are few and far between, a bit like lovers really!

I have one (of each):

I saw a man die on holiday. He was at a festival in a public park and collapsed. My family and I walked over to see him being given recuss and stuff and they carried on going for about 30 mins or so but alas he never returned. I read this weekend that he was only vacation himself with his wife and died of a heart attack at the scene.

It was obviously terrible for all concerned and kinda wierd to finally see a dead person in the flesh as it were. Luckily we managed to persuade my son that he would be OK in the morning and he's never mentioned it since.....

As for lovers, well as you know, I'm attached and there were times when we attached as closely as possible but I'm not sure this is the right place for that sort of thing (is there any?!?!).

Anyway, had a good break, lots of variety but very busy most of the time; considering we took my mum with us it went very very well.

I've been having early nights every night since my return but perhaps THAT is a different story too. :D

Oh, pics, erm, yes, maybe later.

Too bad that happened to you on your holiday! Glad your son forgot it though.. And else, no salmonella ? Nice tan? ;)

TAN!!!!!!?????

No, I am sick and I am dull and I am plain so my skin knows not how to do those things.

I had one day, after a cheese and wine tasting where I sat around drinking Belgian beer all day where I went pinky/red for about 3 minutes.

It soon passed though!

at least you know the good stuff :D

Hey everybody,

Did y'all miss me?! Ha...

I am back from Iceland now but, I'm shoving off to another place soon.
I just am checking in to say hey and asking how are things have been?
I had a MAJOR Epiphany while there. That's a LONG story. Thank God I seen the light, so to speak. I think it was all of the fresh air and just being out in the middle of nowhere w/ mountains, dead volcanos and glaciers surrounding me. They definately assisted me in "seeing the light". :) I met some very nice people there and I hope to go there again. :)

Now, I'm off on my "quest" to continue this Epiphany. I hope I will succeed and I wish all of you the same in your lives. May the road rise, so to speak.

Speaking of traveling again (and the luck of the Irish on my side, hopefully), I'll be back to the UK in November and I can't WAIT! :) I loved it there and will always.

I hope to write some more in other posts here so, hello and nice to meet all of you. It's a re-direction for me now.

Cheers, e.

Back
Top Bottom