NME Letters page, 10th August

I don't know what made me buy this issue, because I never normally do. Opened it at the letters page, and there we are. One or two people, Boz included, have already spotted the name of the author of the main letter.

oqkcn9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One expects there's more than one Robert Smith in the UK before any of you rabidly mad Morrissey-solo readers start thinking it's the Cure's very own Mr Smith.

That's just an outrageous assumption, though.

problem with this they are all saying he thinks that it doesn't matter what happened to the victims, he is just pointing out that there are many more killings than that, but people don't care.

Yes, that's definitely not "the" Robert Smith. Not his style of writing, nor is everything typed in CAPS.

I'm like 98% sure Robert Smith wrote that whilst having a Big Mac in hand.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert Smith, if you don't get what Morrissey is saying then you don't get him at all and you have no right speaking of things you know nothing of. Because anyone who knows Morrissey knows he has said this since he was in The Smiths, you dumb f***.
Keep it up, keep talking your shit about Morrissey and you're gonna get it too

What a shock this is in the NME who are technically responsible for all the fans turning against Morrissey and the celebrities trashing him as well as you do whoever you are. Whatever you are, as I don’t even care if you are an impersonator, you are still a dumb f***.

Kate2828

Is that a recent picture of our man? Because he looks handsome as hell! I love when he leans against things in pictures.

I like the end of the last letter published:

He has the right to have an opinion just like everybody else does.

So you go and you stand on your own and leave on your own and you go home and well, you know, the rest of the words...

Thanks to NME for giving him space on the page, you know?

I see it as defending his integrity to let his fans speak for him. Too bad giving McD's free advert. but that isn't food, it's choice.

Yet again the NME tries to use Morrissey in a vain attempt to boost its flagging sales figures. Nobody is interested in the NME.

I'm calling bullshit on it being Fat Bob.

There should be a law stating that that people in the UK whose name is Robert Smith should have to call themselves 'Robert Smith (not out of the Cure)' apart from the musician Robert Smith who can call himself 'Robert Smith (out of the Cure)'.

Totally agree with Kate 2828! Glad not everyone jumps on the bandwagon to slag him off. He has never been any different. Moz only says what a lot of people think.

Is that a recent picture of our man? Because he looks handsome as hell! I love when he leans against things in pictures.

His hair isn't grey and he's a lot thinner there and not to mention a lot younger looking. You are right about one thing though. It is a very handsome pic and I have never seen it before. I suspect it is from the Ringleader era. That pillar on the left looks similar to a photo session where he is standing under a a round pagoda of pillars with creepers running through it.

Morrissey is a f***ing asshole. He needs to retire, he hasnt released a good record since 1994....give it up old man and stop embarrassing yourself with your stupid comments

Morrissey is a f***ing asshole. He needs to retire, he hasnt released a good record since 1994....give it up old man and stop embarrassing yourself with your stupid comments

"And those that do are judged by those who tried and found they couldn't do."
Art-Hounds
Best regards,
Steven Patrck M

Yes, that's definitely not "the" Robert Smith. Not his style of writing, nor is everything typed in CAPS.

EXACTLY. He'd not only type in all caps, he wouldn't bother commenting on another musician's comments. He has his own stuff to do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom