NFL - Morrissey Central (31st December)

Well, they didn’t use a Smiths instrumental.

Don’t cry Johnny, maybe next time.

:tiphat:

Nice way to kick off the new year!

MORRISSEY ONE, MARR ZERO

:rock: :lbf:

o_O

Poor DramaJ always left out.:oops: Always second place for the unlucky twat.

If he had regular hair he may have had some success.:rock:

If you are over at Covina Records tonite, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and Monsieur Alain Twat will be trolling
for free drinks, help them out, its good to be charitable in NYE:thumb:

Reckon it is fek blood frigid here in Moz Angeles with daytime temps not getting out of the 50's, nighttime temps in the 40's, and the wind is howling off the ocean in Malibu, so I reckon Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy have been staying in watching football. You know how native Southern Californians like Uncle Steve can't handle cold temperatures. I reckon the Morrissey/Sinatra annual family Christmas football game on the beach had to be cancelled for the first time because of the frigid temps inn n nnn n nnn n din't in n nn nn it.

Last edited:
Alas, I have yet to invent a musical genre. It was actually when the World Peace reviews came out that I first heard the term chug-rock. Several reviewers noted that this had been Morrissey default musical setting for the previous 15 years (since Vauxhall) and that World Peace finally marked an end. They weren't wrong.
Of course not all his songs between '95 and 2013 were chug-rock but a depressingly large number were. And a handful of the chug-rock songs were pretty good but a depressingly large number were just musical landfill. Thank heavens he's moved on. Now he just needs to sort out the lyrics, and we might still get another classic Morrissey album.
I’m a guitar player who grew up first playing in bands during the 90’s grunge era. And I’m a fan that actually prefers the chug rock as you call it. I can appreciate that it’s a slightly heavier take of Moz’s love and influence of 70’s glam and punk rock. I wish there would be more chug rock songs like something is squeezing my skull for example.

I will thanks, and to you too. Just booked the Malta Holiday and tickets to see The Rutles, so quite chuffed tonight.

Thanks for the warning. It might be useful if you provide us with a running commentary of your movements, just so that we know exactly where to avoid.

Do all pudgy, balding 60 year old men feel the need to inform strangers of their upcoming social plans - or is this your desperate attempt to suggest that you have a life outside of Morrissey?

Twat.

That presupposes he's aware of them - he may well have given Sam carte blanche to post 10 versions of a song and this is being stretched to include sticking up for Uncle with topical posts. Cue the: of course he's aware post, but still: I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting some clarity on who's opinion is getting posted on the site - even if Morrissey agrees with it or not thereafter.
Do have a happy New Year P.,

His perspectives are anticipated. So the need for clarification is superfluous, surely?

Last edited by a moderator:
His perspectives are anticipated. So the need for clarification is superfluous, surely?
Not sure what "his perspectives are anticipated" means.
It was a simple suggestion that clarity would reduce the amount of reactionary nonsense seen recently. Sam has his own agenda at times and some of the seemingly inflammatory posts may have little to do with Morrissey. I can't see how that's superfluous when considering formulating a view on what Morrissey is 'definitely' saying by having posts appear on a site labelled 'Messages From Morrissey' - how daft would it be if some of those posts weren't actually 'messages' from him at all!? It's an easy thing to fix, yet I can't see it happening myself.
Regards,
FWD.

He posts this now after years of ESPN using 80's alternative band backing tracks on their shows; like he's suddenly being acknowledged.

I wonder if there's a Veruca Salt fan site informing its readers that "Seether" was used on ESPN as well, or New Order fan sites bleating about the use of the music to Bizarre Love Triangle.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom