Next Record Producer

Anyone know if Morrissey is now on bad terms with Visconti? He was originally down to produce the new album wasn't he?
Bernard Butler is a good one, with added guitar work...pretty unlikely though.

how about,
Mark Ronson,
Ed Buller,
Brendan Lynch,
. . . or perhaps here one that will get you talking . . .
. . .
. . . Johnny Marr!

That's creepy, thinking about Mark Ronson producing Morrissey... I imagine it too Robbie Williams'y sounding.

Hmmm... I'd go with Steve Lillywhite.

Personally, I'd love to hear an acoustic album while his voice is still in top form. Get back to the basics: Morrissey singing over some great lyrics.:)

I need an acoustic album.

I've got a feeling the next album will be produced by Visconti again. After all, Mozzer himself said in the 2008 Hot Press article:

" Tony wasn't ever in line for the job [producing YOR]. He had started working with a band, Kentucky, and tied himself up with that. I wanted to try Jerry Finn again - he had produced You Are the Quarry, and we were in the enviable situation of having worked both with Tony and Jerry and had really enjoyed both. I'd love to do another album with Tony, and I feel blessed to have eventually found two ideal producers. They are both fantastic in equal measure. I wish I had met them earlier. ”

Many will hiss and groan about this prospect, but who knows. With the direction that YOR went in introducing tijuana trumpet and fantastic orchestral strings, and taking into account the undeniably wonderful work Visconti did on 'Dear God Please Help Me,' YOR could have an epic follow-up. :guitar:

Oh goodness, he's been mentioned a lot but I hope Brian Eno gets nowhere near it. I don't know what happened to him, but he only appears to attract and produce deeply dull artists nowadays.

I've got a feeling the next album will be produced by Visconti again. After all, Mozzer himself said in the 2008 Hot Press article:

Many will hiss and groan about this prospect, but who knows. With the direction that YOR went in introducing tijuana trumpet and fantastic orchestral strings, and taking into account the undeniably wonderful work Visconti did on 'Dear God Please Help Me,' YOR could have an epic follow-up. :guitar:

The strings are horrid on YOR, especially You Were Good ...'s beginning, which is unlistenable. :o
I'm hoping for Visconti, he's a maestro.

Nigel Godrich

Steve Lillywhite - although I've got no idea whether he is even working these days? He produced some great Simple Minds albums in the 80's. My Favourite was "Sparkle in the Rain" back then - the album just sounded awesome. And of course "Vauxhall"...:thumb:

Or Martin Rushent. I would give Visconti a miss.

Back
Top Bottom