New Southpaw tracklisting here

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
also new management info, counter to previous information...

1 October 2008

Morrissey is now managed by Irving Azoff, at 10866 Wilshire blvd, suite 250, Los Angeles CA 90024.

BMG have announced 26 January 2009 as the release date for the re-issued 'Southpaw grammar'.

Full track-listing is : 1 The Boy Racer

2 Do Your Best and Don't Worry

3 Reader Meet Author

4 Honey, You Know Where to Find Me

5 Dagenham Dave

6 Southpaw

7 Best Friend on the Payroll

8 Fantastic Bird

9 The Operation

10 The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils

11 You Should Have Been Nice to Me

12 Nobody Loves Us

The album also features new sleeve artwork by Anthony Lui, including previously unseen photographs by Linder Sterling. Anthony had also designed the sleeves for 'Ringleader of the Tormentors,' 'Live at Earls Court' and 'Greatest hits' plus the last eleven UK singles. Tracks 4, 8 and 11 of the new 'Southpaw grammar' are previously unreleased.

From TTY.

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter.I'm very surprised to see the track listing mixed up and that the bonus songs are not tacked onto the end.
Roll on January..:guitar:

Sounds good. I look forward to it :)

The frinker in me is also interested in this snippet: previously unseen photographs by Linder Sterling. :D

Thanks for the info Peter.I'm very surprised to see the track listing mixed up and that the bonus songs are not tacked onto the end.
Roll on January..:guitar:

Exactly - this is getting better and better.

Excellent news. :)

Coinsidentally 26th January would be Paul Newman's 84th birthday.

Hope Anthony Lui and Morrissey will publish updated version of Peepholism with Jo Slee.

Irving Azoff...well. I said a while back on here that he's the man for the job. He's responsable for turning The Eagles from an average country band to international superstars. This man gets what he wants!
This can only be good news! :)

1 October 2008

Morrissey is now managed by Irving Azoff, at 10866 Wilshire blvd, suite 250, Los Angeles CA 90024.

BMG have announced 26 January 2009 as the release date for the re-issued 'Southpaw grammar'.

3 Reader Meet Author

5 Dagenham Dave

6 Southpaw

8 Fantastic Bird

9 The Operation

12 Nobody Loves Us

The album also features new sleeve artwork by Anthony Lui, including previously unseen photographs by Linder Sterling. Anthony had also designed the sleeves for 'Ringleader of the Tormentors,' 'Live at Earls Court' and 'Greatest hits' plus the last eleven UK singles. Tracks 4, 8 and 11 of the new 'Southpaw grammar' are previously unreleased.

From TTY.

Peter

oooo this is good news, I am looking fwd to this and the new pics will be a bonus!

Forgive me if this has been covered already, but is this to be a re-master? I always found the audible quality of the original version to be pretty decent for a '95 CD. If anything 'Vauxhall' would benefit from some technical twigging.

Doubt i'll buy the album again, however will gladly take the new tracks and re-shuffle my playlist on iTunes to match the new listing. Not sold yet on the new artwork though, which i caught on the main page, but... c'est la vie. Good to see i've been made to stand corrected and a more worthy release of a crackin' album will finally see the light of day

..now, i think i recall something about apple pie....

Originally on 30th May 2008 true-to-you posted news of remastered Southpaw Grammar release.

..then perhaps I might consider a purchase of the shiny new revamped 'southpaw' from iTunes... (if it's still open by then)

As the only copy I have of this is on cassette tape (as its not the greatest Moz LP ever) i am actually going to indulge myself in purchasing the remastered copy. Maybe it'll come out the same day as the new LP about babies and valium and Russell Brand too.

Bet it is not as good a remastering blah blah of Magazine's Correct Use Of Soap.

Incidentally isn't it a bit sick mentioning the birthday one of the revered film actors of our time who has recently deceased in a thread about Morrissey's rereleased LP?

As the only copy I have of this is on cassette tape (as its not the greatest Moz LP ever) i am actually going to indulge myself in purchasing the remastered copy. Maybe it'll come out the same day as the new LP about babies and valium and Russell Brand too.

Bet it is not as good a remastering blah blah of Magazine's Correct Use Of Soap.

Incidentally isn't it a bit sick mentioning the birthday one of the revered film actors of our time who has recently deceased in a thread about Morrissey's rereleased LP?

I'm sorry I didn't know you dislike Paul Newman.

I detect the influence of Merck on this new management deal. He has close links with Azoff.

1 October 2008

3 Reader Meet Author

5 Dagenham Dave

6 Southpaw

8 Fantastic Bird

9 The Operation

12 Nobody Loves Us

From TTY.

Peter

I Love "NobodyLovesUs" - finally on a studiorecording [earlybulgaryyears = :(]
And even though I allready have SouthpawGrammar, I will probably buy this re-issue as well... :D

I think screwing with the original tracklisting is a mistake. I can't really imagine this record not beginning with "Teachers"...

I like it to a point, but i am more than pissed at the lack of "You Must Please Remember." I always secretly liked this one much much better than "Nobody Loves Us," but I'm guessing that it's just me.

Hm. On the one hand, I don't like the "revisionist history" method to re-releases. But it does indicate that Morrissey cares about this presentation so I'll give it a whirl. I'm not so much disconcerted by the location of Teachers as the 10 min plus Southpaw in the middle of the programme. It always felt like an album ender. (Raspberry, also, for hacking away You Must Please Remember.)

I would hope that the recordings of Honey, etc, are new versions from the actual Southpaw sessions rather than the version we are familiar with from the internet leak (a "Miraval session"). The sound of that session is in stark contrast to Southpaw and would stick out like a sore thumb if it wasn't added at the end. Ditto Fantastic Bird, if this is indeed the version supposedly recorded in 1992.

Cheers,
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom