New Song

very very disappointed wih our friends from he usa not one decent copy of the latest song one day goodbye will be fairwell come on everyone.....please

I have a better version of the song now. There's a new youtube clip up but it's missing the intro. So I just used the old clip for the beginning then faded in the brighter sounding one.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13DU1MJZ

I think it's quite good, except the line "when tiny children, tell you that you smell..." :p

His voice sounds amazing as always. The only problem with listening to/viewing clips like this is that it makes me ache for him to come and do some more shows in the UK and I've been trying ever so hard to avoid that ache in my gut over Morrissey since last December, but it just wont go away and now it's even stronger!

I thought I heard something about "I have been thinking with my final brain cell". Also after "Well, just look at me" I think maybe he says "I've got nothing to sell", but there's more to the line.

I thought I heard something about "I have been thinking with my final brain cell". Also after "Well, just look at me" I think maybe he says "I've got nothing to sell", but there's more to the line.

Yeh it's definitely brain cell

Yeh it's definitely brain cell

As for the "look at me"-"nothing to sell" lines, I think maybe he just repeats the first line like he does so often. So I think it might be "Well, just look at me/oh, look at me/I've got nothing to sell", I don't know, I'll have to hear it in person to confirm that.

I have a better version of the song now. There's a new youtube clip up but it's missing the intro. So I just used the old clip for the beginning then faded in the brighter sounding one.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13DU1MJZ

I think it's quite good, except the line "when tiny children, tell you that you smell..." :p

Thanks a lot for this :)

Looks pretty accurate, way to go.

Just minor things, from one rec I listened to:
"and the tiny children"
and a guess:
"Well, just look at me
for a second please
I've got nothing to sell"

Right from yet another new youtube clip...I have them all correct now.

Always be carefull
When you abuse the one you love
The hour or the day
No one can tell
But one day

Goodbye will be farewell, and
You will never see the one you love again

I have been thinking
What, with my final brain cell
How time grips you
Slyly in it's spell
And before you know

And the smiling children, tell you that you smell

Well, just look at me
A savage beast
With nothing to sell
And when I die
I'm going straight to hell
And that's when

Goodbye should be farewell

Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta

One day goodbye will be farewell
So grab me while you still have the time

Last edited:
Right from yet another new youtube clip...I have them all correct now.

Always be carefull
When you abuse the one you love
The hour or the day
No one can tell
But one day

I have been thinking
What, with my final brain cell
How time grips you
Slyly in it's spell
And before you know

And the smiliing children, tell you that you smell

Well, just look at me
A savage beast
With got nothing to sell
And when I die
I'm going straight to hell
And that's when

Goodbye should be farewell

Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta
Ta ta ta, ta ta ta

One day goodbye will be farewell
So grab me while you still have the time

Wow, Morrissey.

I'm totally into it, but that is some breathtakingly dark and anti-romantic stuff - so dark that I feel flippant discussing it at all. It makes "Life is a Pigsty" sound cheery!

And what a tune, and trumpet! It feels majestic. This album is going to be great. I'm sure "Paris" will be the first single and that will be sad, but if he can keep this momentum up, it's going to be apocalyptic anyway.

Last edited:
Wow, Morrissey.

I'm totally into it, but that is some breathtakingly dark and anti-romantic stuff - so dark that I feel flippant discussing it at all. It makes "Life is a Pigsty" sound cheery!

And what a tune, and trumpet! It feels majestic. This album is going to be great. I'm sure "Paris" will be the first single and that will be sad, but if he can keep this momentum up, it's going to be apocalyptic anyway.

But...it's a Jesse song! And as you probably know, it's a sin to like Jesse's songs :p

ihate to say it, but none of the new songs are very good. the music is all very samey and so are the lyrics, which are piss poor by Morrissey standards.

im not one to shit on everything Morrissey has done post-94 (or 95, or 97, or 2004)- Maladjusted, YATQ and ROTT were very good in spots and recent b-sides like "Christian Dior" and "Good Looking Man About Town" were especially encouraging. but these new songs are truly tired and it really is distressing to hear Morrissey fans lauding them.

there's always that moment in every Moz song where you can hear that voice and trick yourself into believing it is something great- even songs like "He Cried" and "Noise Is The Best Revenge" can fool the senses from time to time- but when you really listen you find that theres really nothing there. he's not even singing well in the new tunes. his voice sounds fine- sounds great even- but he sings with such unmitigated arrogance now that it makes his words (as pedestrian as theyve become) quite unattractive quite often.

iwish people would stop fuelling his ego and call him out on this decline he's clearly in- maybe then he would return to at least being interesting.

thanks to the very good bootleg recently posted I have had my first really clear and good listen to this I think its really impressive.

love the western sounding music, on the bootleg I mentioned Morrissey says at the end, "one day goodbye will be farewell" then when the audience protests, he says, "well, it's nothing to do with me, I did not create the human race."

Love it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom